the missing points

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo2011

Player Valuation: £750k
If we'd had the deserved 3 points versus the Skunks and the other penno / or offside goal chalked off on Saturday we'd be on 18 points only 1 behind the Chavs.

Scandal really. How many inept / corrupt officials can we get in a few games? Cue Clattenburg as derby ref!

And no, I don't believe it does even itself out over a season because they should just get these easy decisions right at the time.

It kind of makes it exciting, human error, although it is annoying when we got screwed over but adds another aspect to the game that keeps us on our toe's. Its not good when it turns out like this, but atleast were making the chances early on this season. Remember where we were this time last year. I know where your coming from though, should have been another two points for us.

If we'd had the deserved 3 points versus the Skunks and the other penno / or offside goal chalked off on Saturday we'd be on 18 points only 1 behind the Chavs.

Scandal really. How many inept / corrupt officials can we get in a few games? Cue Clattenburg as derby ref!

And no, I don't believe it does even itself out over a season because they should just get these easy decisions right at the time.

Can you honestly say you know how the game would have panned out if that first goal had been disallowed?

Can you honestly say you know how the game would have panned out if that first goal had been disallowed?

This!

I've had so many conversations with people who have said "If the goal (after x minutes) had been disallowed then we'd have won 2-1"

No we wouldn't because we wouldn't have scored when jelavic did because we adapted our game in an effort to come back, if we did go a goal up we'd have tightened up at the back and tried to hold the lead etc.. etc..

This!

I've had so many conversations with people who have said "If the goal (after x minutes) had been disallowed then we'd have won 2-1"

No we wouldn't because we wouldn't have scored when jelavic did because we adapted our game in an effort to come back, if we did go a goal up we'd have tightened up at the back and tried to hold the lead etc.. etc..

Even the Newcastle game where we had two legitimate goals disallowed, would we have been pushing as hard to get the Anichebe chance that was over the line if Fellaini's had been given? Who's to say Newcastle wouldn't have hit back straight away just as they did when we were eventually awarded a goal?

But definitely in the Wigan game, to say the following 80 odd minutes would have panned out EXACTLY the same had the goal been ruled out is a bit much.

People really do not have any understanding of what a chain of events is and how when one event in the chain is altered, everything thereafter is not going to pan out exactly the same. Obviously it would have been nice to beat Newcastle/ Wigan but it's best not to dwell on it too much.

The call doesn't explain why Heitinga is standing two yards behind the ball watching Kone head it in.

Perhaps we should have gotten the call. More to the point, the play was easily defend-able if we hadn't switched off.

Honestly..... you sound like RS.

All ifs/buts and maybe's.

Status
Not open for further replies.