The Martinez Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor.tinnion - scam

REPORTED SCAMMER
Not really sure what this thread is meant to be, except paying homage to our lad Bobby.
But my God what a job he had done so far, the club (the footballing side of it) just seems to run so much efficiently, in terms of transfers, preseason, training etc.
I always thought that Moyes was over achieving as manager but Roberto has blown him out of the water, this transfer window alone. In my 18 years of being an Everton fan I’ve never seen us work so efficiently in the transfer market, Barry, Lukaku and Besic already in, and (supposedly) with Atsu and Henen just needing confirming, this is a very special time to be a Blue.
Up the Martinez era, Allez Allez Allez Oh.

Not really sure what this thread is meant to be, except paying homage to our lad Bobby.
But my God what a job he had done so far, the club (the footballing side of it) just seems to run so much efficiently, in terms of transfers, preseason, training etc.
I always thought that Moyes was over achieving as manager but Roberto has blown him out of the water, this transfer window alone. In my 18 years of being an Everton fan I’ve never seen us work so efficiently in the transfer market, Barry, Lukaku and Besic already in, and (supposedly) with Atsu and Henen just needing confirming, this is a very special time to be a Blue.
Up the Martinez era, Allez Allez Allez Oh.
transfer windows not shut yet still time for us to get kicked in the proverbials , we could end up dissapointed in a few weeks, need to get stones contract extended and blow man utd out of the water if any bids come in for mCcarthy once that happens then its been a great preseason, getting lukaku is great but if we lost mccarthy it would demorolise me once again

Good man Connor, this is a much better way of paying tribute than the Mask thread.

I think your right in that Moyes was over achieving, and Martinez is simply better in every way.

I particularly like that he got 27mil for Fellaini, spent enough to make us better, and then kept the change whilst waiting until we had the money to buy the primary target. Would of been much easier to panic and spend for the sake of it, especially after years of Wigan's financial restraints. This man clearly has a plan and he's sticking to it.

Hopefully we can re-fill those loan slots that we don't need now and have a genuinely deep squad full of quality.

I've loved the rise of Everton over the last 11 years, and this era under Martinez has moved me from simple pride to pride, expectation and genuine hope.

Martinez has clearly impressed Kenwright enough to open the purse strings and its great to see, and if even Bill is starting to think we are a big club, there is nothing greater I can think of to say about the influence Martinez has had.

I love how he's looked at every little aspect of our magnificent football club and endeavoured to improve in any way possible. You can see how much the players respect him and want to play for him. He shares our genuine belief that we are Everton, a massive club with great values and history. A team that should be challenging for major honours and playing good football while doing so.
Viva Roberto!

I love that at Christmas he allowed a video of the whole club staff doing a morcomb and wise parody to be released.

That type of happiness never came out of the club under Moyes. Don't really care about how trivial a moment it was, it's summed up the whole attitude of the club since his arrival.

Positive, happy, sunshine. Love!

What a man.

I got a lot of stuck because u was a moyes basher, not that I wasnt greatful for how he turned the club around and I think he should get a great reception when ever he visits goodison, but for me after the cup final he failed to push us on to the next level, stood by his favoured players, never really experimented with a different style, and after 12 mounths of booby, it dose really feel like the school of science again !

Before RM I was not looking forward to each season with optimism. I basically expected us to perform well but not well enough for Europe...just just losing out. Thus We did well given our finances etc...but nothing spectacular to look forward to. I dreaded transfer windows...expecting one or two bargains, possible new players that might turn out to be really good...but also expected to lose our stars int he making. Thus while I loved seeing players starting to perform well, I dreaded them getting sold if they really stood out. The list gos on...but point being...

RM arrived...and one of the things I remembered him saying is...that one doesn't need mega bucks to compete with the top. Yes, it will take longer to get there BUT it can be done. And I thought we have a manager that believes in himself, his ability and that of the team...and over time we might just maybe restore our rightful place in the footballing world. Yet, I was still skeptical...however...as the season progressed I became excited...realizing we do have a manager that not only talks good things but backs it up through his actions. Now for the first time I in many years I became excited of what can be achieved at Everton...and be achieved with pride...as we wont buy ourselves via hundreds of millions into the top 4 but do it the right way...and I believe we will once again become one of the top teams in the league.

Thus every season from now on I think I will be optimistic...go to games not worrying about a plucky draw...but knowing we will go out to win no matter who we play. If we lose I will accept it...at least we gave it a try...and at least I know the Manager, Players and team once again believe in themselves...that they can win against anybody...and if defeat comes we will learn from those mistakes and hopefully rectify it the next time around. We don't have a team full of primadonnas...but a team playing for each other and a team to be proud on regardless of what they achieve...as they are also playing to win nowadays.

Remember what RM said...we shouldn't be afraid of the past success we had at Everton...but we should embrace it. That to me also was a very important statement...indirectly telling me that we now have a manager that looks at the past success and are going to try and emulate that. Yes it will take time...but time we have...as we are already on the right way. We are building a solid spine in the team...in key positions...and will probably be adding to that spine on every transfer window. Thats what he meant with one can achieve success without the mega money...but that it will take time...and why he said...we need to exit every transfer window stranger then we were before it started...as that means at some point we will have the strength to be champions once again.

Thats why I truly hope out board will support him...and in a way I think they will...as I think his positivity didnt just rub off on us fans, the players etc...but also ontot he board. I think even the board can see what he is busy doing...and if they are really serious about us as club (which I think they are)...they will support him with every means possible. We have a manger now whom the player love...whom they trust and whom they believe in. Like I said...our player got their believe back...and in any sport that is already 70% of the way there. RM arent just a new manager for me...he are the person i think that are turning Everton back on the path they should be...the path of winners...and therefor I am and will be very optomistic...and gooodness knows...I waited a very long time for this to happen. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.