Keep or get rid?

• Keep

Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Get rid

Votes: 97 80.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually hoping he doesn't sign a little bit.
I would hate to see Hibbert left out, but I think Heitinga may play defensive mid.
Hibbert is going to be awesome this year, and finally get a place in the England squad. ;)

This one isn't going to happen lads.

Moyes has worked hard to maintain the status quo with regards to a strong wage structure at Goodison. He's been able to persuade one or two to drop their asking wages and at the right times he's increased the threshold to bring players in (Neville and Yakubu for example), but the knock on effect is that he then has to subsequently increase the wages for the remainder of the squad to ensure parity (Cahill, Arteta and Lescott's recent 5 year deals all saw them bumped up in line with the highest earners)

I'm speculating here, but Heitinga has to be earning £50/£60k p/w at Madrid; and Spanish players have the luxury of tax free earnings; so it's the equivalent of Everton paying him circa £90k p/w.

Some scoundrels and Kenwright-bashing conspiracy theorists have questioned the logic of bidding for a player that we know would be out of our budget so it looks pro-active; however Moyes has either been tucked up by Heitinga's agent or there's the long shot that Moyes can persuade him to drop his price.

Fingers crossed though.

Not even sure why he would want to come to us to be honest. He's in the Madrid team most weeks, he's on a better wage than he will get here.
Some might argue he has a better chance of winning things there, and playing in the Champions league.
So being honest, if i was him, I'm sorry to say i would be staying where i was. :(

Does anyone else think Pienaar could play a major role in this transfer?
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.