The Four Months Though Lads - Worse than Mike Walker

He was very lucky that we are a basket case of a club in the middle of a takeover, no financial wriggleroom to replace him plus a board that at their best are anonymous and worst, inept.

Who would have sacked him?

I hope he does better from here in in and the board room and above turmoil sorry itself out. He won't get another chance if he produces a run like that again.

Dyche deserved stick for his part in our objectively terrible form earlier this season. Just like he deserves big time praise for turning things around so massively in the last week and ensuring survival in style. I do think that you'd have to be absolutely insane to include Dyche in a list of problems with this club, but at the same time I'm not going down the cult route and pretend that he's parfect and above criticism either.

Dyche deserved stick for his part in our objectively terrible form earlier this season. Just like he deserves big time praise for turning things around so massively in the last week and ensuring survival in style. I do think that you'd have to be absolutely insane to include Dyche in a list of problems with this club, but at the same time I'm not going down the cult route and pretend that he's parfect and above criticism either.
Get off that fence, choose a side and defend your choice vehemently.
It's in the GOT rulebook.

Bournemouth are 10th. Go through their team and see how many of their players would get into our team.

It is a myth that we haven't got the players to be in this league. The bottom 10 (except Brighton) are awful and we are easily at the top end in terms of starting 11 quality.
Said in the Dyche thread, this team would have been pushing for Europe had it not been for the point deductions and the drama that surrounds Everton Football Club.

No doubt for the players like some have said, this has played on their minds and has cost us points too. Its unfair to judge Dyche with previous managers, even under Johnson ownership, that was a walk in the park compared to Ardavan Farhad Moshiri...

Dyche has had much more difficult circumstance in which to manage Everton. Should have the freedom of Merseyside for achievement in keeping Everton up with the turmoil that surrounds the club.

Its not always about results. Performances are just as important. In that run we did not have much luck, put in some reasonable performaces and came out with nothing.

His style of football will be based on players he has at his disposal. If an owner provided better players im sure the style of football would change and we would expect improved results. Does style really matter if your winning stuff? Winning is everything.

Disagree.

Results get you points on the board. You can be the best footballing team in the world, but if you don't get the results it means nothing.

He was very lucky that we are a basket case of a club in the middle of a takeover, no financial wriggleroom to replace him plus a board that at their best are anonymous and worst, inept.

Who would have sacked him?

I hope he does better from here in in and the board room and above turmoil sorry itself out. He won't get another chance if he produces a run like that again.
So if he was sacked, it would have been the wrong decision. It’s the point I’m making.

So if he was sacked, it would have been the wrong decision. It’s the point I’m making.
If he had been sacked who knows what would have happened? He is lucky, and frankly there's enough examples out there that show managers being on the cusp of going, before having a successful career (Ferguson and Kendall spring to mind) soon after, to argue it could work out better in the end seeing as we kept him.

I hope he proves his doubters, including me, wrong with some silverware. I'm not sure about him, but he's bought himself more time and good luck to him and ultimately us.

We'll never know will we? If he was sacked, whoever came in may well have won the same number of games in April as Dyche did.

FWIW I'm happy for him to see out his contract as I think he's a good manager to have with all of the off-the-field nonsense going on. That's not to say he wasn't lucky to still be in his job after that run, and maybe with someone in charge he would have been sacked.

If he had been sacked who knows what would have happened? He is lucky, and frankly there's enough examples out there that show managers being on the cusp of going, before having a successful career (Ferguson and Kendall spring to mind) soon after, to argue it could work out better in the end seeing as we kept him.

I hope he proves his doubters, including me, wrong with some silverware. I'm not sure about him, but he's bought himself more time and good luck to him and ultimately us.
From where we are I think the dream of silverware is at least a decade away. The top 6 are miles a head. Newcastle and villa are 4 years ahead of us. 777 are a joke, moshiri is penniless.
i wouldn’t judge Dyche on trophies, we are a generation past that

Disagree.

Results get you points on the board. You can be the best footballing team in the world, but if you don't get the results it means nothing.
Well i do agree with you. I meant it in context. If you have a run of 5 games and lose them all and play awful that gives a different type of pressure on the manager (in relation to getting sacked) than losing 5 games but battling and putting in hard graft. You buy some favour from the fans and owners when they see hard graft. Indicated the dressing room is not lost.

Although (and i dont agree with them) lots on here also moan about Dyche style of play, i dont hear many saying that they would be OK to playing Dycheball even if we were winning every week.