The absence of a team core or backbone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerobins

Player Valuation: £5m
In past times of hardship, we have always had a few players who you could rely on, who would be on the team sheet first because of their attitude and steel. The most worrying aspect of our current situation is the absence of this, I would even argue that we haven't had this for some time. The problem is that apart from Coleman there is no prospect of this in the near future, or even in January.
This for the first time in my Everton fan career leads me to believe that this is the year when it might be all against us. Which players can we rely on this year? What can we do to give this team some structure? The current players aren't up to it I fear.

I think they have all given up because regardless if their performance, we don’t have a credible striker.
They will all feel let down, once that rot sets in your season is over

I feel no emotional attachment towards any player apart from probably Niasse of all people, who is the only one that shows any desire and looks like he wants to play for us.
Totally agree, Niasse, Seamus and Pickford. Rooney the biggest disappointment. I didn't expect a world class player but I expected drive and commitment, we got the opposite

So many players have been dropped or rotated this season have meant we don't have a first 11. We have the ones who play no matter what and we have a load of players like lookman/ vlasic / klassen / sandro to name a few who seem out of favour no matter how well they impress. It creates a division in the squad and means you create players with no passion for the club so no-one to fight for you. Half the team is there no matter what so they don't need to try and the other half could be dropped for no reason.

It creates a toxic culture at the club which is what takes teams down no matter what. How can you expect players to fight for you when despite being recently bought haven't got a chance of making the team over a favouritism policy?

We just have no identity at the club and haven't since koeman arrived. We don't have a way of playing , we don't have a style , we don't have something to go back to if all else fails. Unsworth hasn't established one and koeman couldn't with the players he had so it means the players are learning a new way of doing things every game with 3-4 personell changes at the same time.

How many games have we had a consecutive defensive partnership for example?

I feel no emotional attachment towards any player apart from probably Niasse of all people, who is the only one that shows any desire and looks like he wants to play for us.

I feel emotional attachment to a number of them. Although hatred and anger aren't the sort of emotions I'm used to feeling for the club I love. But they (and the board) are abusing this love and that of thousands like me. However, as I type, I'm working on detaching myself. This process is likely to need some time apart. A trial separation if you will. I need some space from the spineless cowards.

I think if am perfectly honest its time to move on from Jags as a captain, he retreats into a hole faster then the majority of the team when things are going wrong.

Give it to Coleman, he is probably the only one I can think of who shows the slightest bit of passion for playing for this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.