Telegraph ’former Everton executive’ quotes

Who has been gossiping to rags then?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It only confirms what we already know about our situation.
There have been similar reports in other publications which have come to the same depressing conclusions about our perilous position.
It was evident from the accountants report which emphasised our predicament and consequently our total reliance on Moshiri remaining in place.
Sadly Everton’s decline coupled with our dire financial position means we are not a club that is likely to be pursued by Mega corporations or nation states , as is amply evidenced by the the quality, or lack thereof , of our recent suitors.
I think our continued existence is in real danger at this point , regardless of whether we survive another season in the PL.
If Everton was a Racehorse we’d be booking the vet and preparing the shotgun about now.
Put us all out of our misery.

None of the ex directors would have talked...they probably signed nda in exchange for a substantial compensation. Whilst we don't have much cash that is obviously true, not so sure that our debt is so so bad compare to most other premier league clubs.

We have 4 outstanding charges on the Companies House website going back to July 2020

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00036624/charges

All are linked to Rights and Media Funding LTD, we are clearly very involved with this mob whoever they are.
David McNight and Jonathon McMorrrow seem to the principles, one of which has had a music publishing business so possible friends of Bills
DBCD76C4-4A7A-434E-A547-3D8B57AD211F.jpeg

Story is behind a paywall unfortunately but referenced on the ever (un)reliable Goodison Badnews site.

Rights and Media Funding Ltd. will be entitled to “high tens of millions” before Everton receive a penny from any new investment amid a dire prediction for the club from a former executive, according to The Telegraph.
And a former Toffees executive has shared a miserable outlook on relegation, telling The Telegraph: “I love the club, like Bill [Kenwright] does, and it’s painful to watch. If they get relegated, I genuinely fear the worst… losses will be colossal. It’s not just the Sky money, it’s everything else that goes with it.

“Everybody knows, if they get relegated the whole thing could collapse in on itself. If [Farhad] Moshiri decides he wants out completely, what are they going to do? Nobody is going to pay £400 million or £500 million for a club that’s massively in debt and in the Championship. They’re just not going to do it.

“That’s why there’s been such an outpouring of joy and relief when the club has stayed up in the last two seasons. The fans understand, and the staff understand: if they go down, they could be completely [expletive].”
Mentions money, which hints at a passing acquaintance with the 'real world'...which rules out Delores Umbrage and the panda bothered
I go Inglis

Completely divorced themselves from how we got ourselves in that position, talking about the situation as if it’s just arrived on us.

You would think a director has some responsibility, otherwise why pay them? And indeed paid the off to leave.

Whoever that is we are better off without them.

Sounds like we’re

Its a sad state of affairs when a creditor can dictate to the club, its a massive warning shot.

The comments above we all know, what annoys me here, is whoever made these comments was part of the mess and likely getting paid for the summary of our execution - do one.

Game day to - you massive queg.

What puzzles me is why any creditor "owed tens of millions" would put the lockers on a multi million pound investment in the club.

Surely such an investment would increase their chances of getting their dough back.

We have 4 outstanding charges on the Companies House website going back to July 2020

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00036624/charges

All are linked to Rights and Media Funding LTD, we are clearly very involved with this mob whoever they are.
This cannot possibly be as onerous as it looks, can it? If this were written in the American brand of legalese, I would say that this lies somewhere between functionally handing over control of the company, and giving the lender veto power on anything they think will stick in court as trespassing on their interests. There are a couple of things I'm not clear on with respect to how share ownership would be defined in Britain with respect to the document, versus here.

If it's as bad as it looks to my eyeball, small wonder transfers take forever and that Brands walked. I looked up Wolverhampton's loans with the bank and they looked sane.

We go bust they get nothing.
No, it's secured by dirt. Whether said dirt would make them whole in liquidation is another question. My read at a glance would be no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.