Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think we should play a dreary, ponderous passing game in the hope opposing defenders lose concentration or fall asleep like our fans.

I mean why are we playing balls up to his head?

They should be over the top for him to run on to or to feet and allow to use his strength and turn them.
He's always caught offside and our slow play is making it harder for us to find key passes.

Hes offside cos its normally the 3rd time hes made the same run, while the ball is being shifted from wing to wing.
Exactly I don't see how Bobby thinks we are going to get goals our passing in the opposition area is terrible.

I personally have no problem with the way we play, it's the tempo at which we play at that I have a problem with. If you are to play a possession based game it has to have a bit of tempo to it esp in the final 3rd of the pitch, and after watching the Ars game it doesn't look like thing are going to change this season.

4-4-2 . One holding midfielder ( McCarthy), one attacking /creative midfielder ( ? ), two wingers ( Mirallas, Deulafeu ) an two proper forwards ( not Kone ) . would be nice to see crosses going in the box with players there to attack the ball.

I think the team would benefit from another attacking player on the pitch. Macca needs to be moved up and maybe Barkley running off Lukaku. But playing two holders (at least the way these guys do) is leaving too few options on the attack and it is difficult for Macca (or Barry really) to join in attacks because they are positioned deep. It's when mids run past forwards that you get those attacks built up

I have no issue with the tiki-taka assuming we have a plan B for buses and the top few teams.

I have to echo everyone else: pressing. Aggressive pressing without the ball. I'd like a faster tempo when we have the ball but if I had to pick one we can stay slow but have to start pressing without the ball. We should have 10 Lennon's on the pitch when the other team has the ball.

Barry/McCarthy shouldn't play together. Split them up and assuming Gibbo can stay healthy (big IF) we have two sets of DMs who mostly play together as a pair. Gibbo and Besic both offer a little something different and compliment Barry/McCarthy better than each other. (I kind of see an argument for someone like Sergi at DM even though we're loaded in that spot.)

I want Barkley to start playing more like Bale and someone to develop chemistry with Rom. Focus a bit more on set pieces.

We should play more direct like Klopp's Dortmund did rather than Barcelona tiki-taka.

Klopp will be a perfect fit for us. Press without the ball, movement and speed when attacking. We have all the players needed for this style. Klopp is very good at spotting talent too. He rebuilt his team twice during his tenure at Dortmund with moderate budget.
Perfect for us in so many ways. It will be stupid not to go for him if Martinez fails to perform this season.

Klopp will be a perfect fit for us. Press without the ball, movement and speed when attacking. We have all the players needed for this style. Klopp is very good at spotting talent too. He rebuilt his team twice during his tenure at Dortmund with moderate budget.
Perfect for us in so many ways. It will be stupid not to go for him if Martinez fails to perform this season.

Mate, you have actually just made me piss my pants. I actually want us to struggle now.

Well i wont bother telling you what I would do but i WILL tell you what Martinez is doing wrong.

You're supposed to pass and move, not pass and stay still. We do the latter. More importantly... is we have no vertical threat meaning nobody makes runs in behind. This allows teams to press us high up the pitch and makes it very congested for our 5 man midfield who consequently lose the ball in dangerous positions.
This with massive bronze bells on.

Status
Not open for further replies.