Tactically Naive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_nev

Player Valuation: £25m
Is exactly how you would describe that match.

We've somehow gone and left our back four horribly exposed despite taking a lead in to the game. Surely if anything our priority before the game in training was all about supporting the lads at the back and making sure Kiev don't have any runners getting through.

What's happened instead is that we've got no discipline at all when it comes to our positions and it's cost us big time. Where did Naismith actually play? What did McCarthy do? Barry? Absolutely no protection at all for the lads at the back. It had to be a flat three sitting in front and a three up top doing our work on the counter. Instead it was? god knows what it was but it's cost us 5 goals.

Don't get me wrong Alcaraz is a Championship defender at best but it's a failure from everybody involved that we left him so exposed. You have to cover up and plan for your weaknesses in tough away games not [Poor language removed] put a massive spotlight on them.

Mate they were lobbing the ball in the box and causing havoc. Alcarez, Coleman and Baines are garbage in the air if under the slightest of pressure. We need a stoke type of defence then make sure we get the midfield that can hold, pass and make time.

we weren't 'done' tactically, our defensive right side didn't turn up for the game and we were shat upon.
We were done tactically.
Our fullbacks had no cover first half when the damage was done,i don't know what naismith and atsu were doing.
At half time it should have been gibbo on for barry.

The defence was the issue.

I bet the team won't be eating 'Chicken kev' from the canteen now.

we weren't 'done' tactically, our defensive right side didn't turn up for the game and we were shat upon.

We had no shape the moment Kiev broke past one or two players. Tonight our formation should of been rigid and we should of been hard to play through. For me the way we set up was naïve in the extreme and it felt like rather than setting up for an away tie in Europe we still had our ''these are [Poor language removed]'' heads on from the first leg.

It's not often you see a team go away in Europe and come away with a 6-6 and that's exactly what it could of been on another night. We got caught in between defending a lead and going all out.

People were moaning we couldn't defend a lead, we needed to go long, we needed a plan B, we needed to scrap to win games.
Over the last 3 games we have done this, we have secured 9 points and put us in a position were we could finish 8th or 9th.
I think it proves he can be flexible and he can shake things up, the problem was he was very stubborn and was not willing to change.
I think most would agree he should of done this 6 weeks ago, but he has done it and he will learn from his mistakes

I enjoyed Saturday in a strange way, as it showed we still have the Moyes mentality in the team and it proves we can win ugly

tumblr_lsrqfyZuXM1qelts1o1_500.gif

'I am probably one of the most flexible managers tactically that you could work with'
Do you agree, or has he delusions of grandeur ?
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/568554/Roberto-Martinez-Everton-Southampton-Ronald-Koeman

I read that mate and quoted it in the RM thread in my reply to DaveK.

To come out with that says to me he is worried, really any manager could come out with that sort of claim. It is the results that count and one should look back over the season in considering his statement.

Well in 3 years of Wigan where he was presumably also doing what he claims now, it did not work! So when did he learn from his mistakes! I remain ATM unconvinced in terms of a long future at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.