Swansea City Vs. Everton - CO Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 23rd Sept - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely care. Any pot would be a great season. It has been 20 years which for a club like ours is embarrassing.

Plus we have the squad. I might be the only one but I thought Atsu was good especially considering it was his first start. Osman should never start but we have other backup options.

I would go

Robles
Coleman Stones Jags Baines
Besic Gibson
Mirallas Naismith McGeady
Eto'o

Last edited:
I definitely care. Any pot would be a great season. It has been 20 years which for a club like ours is embarrassing.

Plus we have the squad. I might be the only one but I thought Atsu was good especially considering it was his first start. Osman should never start but we have other backup options.

I would go

Robles
Coleman Stones Jags Baines
Besic Gibson
Mirallas Naismith McGeady
Eto'o

Coleman is out. Unless Robles is playing in the derby, Howard should play to try and get some confidence back.

i wouldn't mind browning at RB for this game. we simply can't play stones RB anymore when coleman's not available - he has to be at the heart of the central defence!!!!

can't have distin and jags as centre back partnership, it's not working atm. i like alcaraz, but he'll get caught out too much to start with one of jags or distin regularly in the league.

based on howard's form - robles having a good game here should put extra pressure on his starting spot.

Coleman is out. Unless Robles is playing in the derby, Howard should play to try and get some confidence back.
Bugger - we're rubbish and totally unbalanced without Coleman.

If Oviedo was back I would be tempted playing Baines there but wouldn't risk that with Garbutt.

We have other choice but to play Stones Jags Distin and Baines. Hibbo should never play and for all Stones' faults at RB (ie going forward) he's the best option we have - he's a full England international at RB ffs.

See this as a really tough decision to make now, usually i think of this cup as a nothing mickey mouse cup. But with our start, we need to think...

Will we get Europe by finishing 5th/6th?
Will we win the Europa League?

If the answer to both of those is no, then we really need to put out our strongest side tomorrow and go for this cup!

Personally, i can't see RM doing that, i mean if he rested players yesterday, odds are changes will be made again tomorrow.

We have to concentrate in EPL and Europa so I could not care less about the Mickey Mouse Cup. Perhaps we shall give the reserve players a chance to claim a spot in the first team.

Robles

Browning Alcaraz Distin Oviedo

Besic Gibson

Atsu Osman Pienaar

Eto'o

Subs: Hibbert, Kone, Garbutt, Galloway, McAleny, Stanlek, Long.

Injured: Barkley.

Agree, should be focussed on pl and El. Use this to rest n bring players through. Besic is a must. Wouldn't choose robles or alcaraz at any cost.

The most important thing is to bounce back and boost moral, so making too many changes isn't an option really. The last thing we want is for the team to be further demoralised going into the derby.

Martinez says that Coleman will miss the game, so Stones will have to play RB. I think the back line will remain unchanged, except for maybe Robles coming in for Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.