Support the campaign for a statue for Everton great Gary Stevens - please sign the petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's up to 391 now - nearly 100 people have signed it this evening!

Come on, let's get this to 500!

Emlyn Hughes already has his statue in Barrow, why shouldn't Gary Stevens?

emlyn_hughes_statue1.jpg

Thanks guys,I'm the one behind this as I live about 8 mile from barrow so every time I go I have to pass hughes so it ground away at me as there's nowt on gary.So I started this up,they even named a road after the manager of barrow won the fa trophy.I might not get anywhere with it but I will try my best,got the local mp signing it and agreeing with me so he's contacting me tomorrow to help.

So thanks to all those you have signed and can I ask for you all to share it as I can't do this without your help need as many signatures as I can get to streghten my case

I'm from ulverston,Stan laurel was born here but he grew up in bishop Auckland or somewhere like that.

Gary played in the barrow junior football league,left when he went to Everton but always came home got married in barrow he was well liked.

Don't want to get into who was better ect,but hughes was hated up here he'd come back and it was 'do you no who I am' expected everyone to buy his ale

@vernefc If it reaches 500 signatures, does that mean the council will discuss it?

Or is 500 just a good figure that you're aiming for, to show there's support?

As if the people of Barrow are the only ones that got that Emlyn Hughes statue built. It's up to all Blues to get a Blues legend recognised.

Total is up to 446.

153 people have put their names to it since last night.

Needs just 54 signatures to reach the 500 target. Come on Blues - let's make sure a great player isn't forgotten by his home town & help educate people of the greats that Everton had.

massive.

poor thing was crying and shaking
Hope you bagged and binned it.

I'll probably vote but I take exception to the Charity Shield being described as a major honour.
(Still loved it when Vinny Samways scored the winner against Blackburn like, was a great day out - still celebrating the cup win a few months earlier).

Hope you bagged and binned it.

I'll probably vote but I take exception to the Charity Shield being described as a major honour.
(Still loved it when Vinny Samways scored the winner against Blackburn like, was a great day out - still celebrating the cup win a few months earlier).

Charity Shields were taken a lot more seriously in the 1980s, in the days before massive squads & loads of subs.

Even if you take them away, he still won 15.

there was no figure on it,i tweeted the mp last night to sign he signed and said great idea if theres anything he can do to help he will,i thought you cheeky [Poor language removed] i emailed you 2 weeks ago and still no reply.I tweeted i emailed in over a week agao said he will be in touch as he thinks its a great idea so least i have him on side.That should help me really as surely the town will listen to the mp

Status
Not open for further replies.