summer transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I want Lukaku I no that sounds mad but the last 3 games he hasn't been great, struggles to hold the ball when his back to goal, running at goal he's brilliant and a fantastic finisher. He's far from the finished Artical but can we really afford 25 mil for a player that does it 60% of the time.

with the world cup this year and utd looking for a complete new team players values will be completely stratospheric this summer.50mill for costa @ athletico do me a favour. Let's keep looking for honest hard working British players

If we are prepared to pay £20 Mill + for Lukaku then we can afford the buy out clause for Delefeou

Remains to be seen whether Everton will spend that much on one player like Lukaku or that he will only go for £20 million, moreover Deulofeu's buyout is €35 million...and that's predicated on the player wanting to move which anyone who has followed the player for much time at all would know is a virtual impossibility

however as has been said he barely warrants a start for us at the moment so Barca really have bigger problems than I thought if he's going to be a starter for them

The argument about whether Gerard warrants more starts or minutes for Everton is a separate one...As for starting at Barcelona, seeing that I've never concluded he is going to start for Barcelona at this stage it's immaterial to whether he will return/platoon or be loaned out to a different Primera side...My OP was that if Alexis is indeed sold and some combo of Tello/Cuenca et al are moved on, then there are certainly as many if not more minutes waiting for him in the rotation at his parent club

I really rate him, I think he's going to be a star but he's a few seasons off your first team at best and I think he'll be loaned to us again, if not sold to someone with a pre agreed low but back clause for Barca.

I really rate him as well, obviously...Barcelona has a nice history of incorporating young players into the first team so no I don't see it being a few seasons away...At most, IMO, one more season but I think he could add quality to the attacking depth even today....I didn't think that way at the start of the season - then I predicted 2 seasons

Remains to be seen whether Everton will spend that much on one player like Lukaku or that he will only go for £20 million, moreover Deulofeu's buyout is €35 million...and that's predicated on the player wanting to move which anyone who has followed the player for much time at all would know is a virtual impossibility

The argument about whether Gerard warrants more starts or minutes for Everton is a separate one...As for starting at Barcelona, seeing that I've never concluded he is going to start for Barcelona at this stage it's immaterial to whether he will return/platoon or be loaned out to a different Primera side...My OP was that if Alexis is indeed sold and some combo of Tello/Cuenca et al are moved on, then there are certainly as many if not more minutes waiting for him in the rotation at his parent club

I really rate him as well, obviously...Barcelona has a nice history of incorporating young players into the first team so no I don't see it being a few seasons away...At most, IMO, one more season but I think he could add quality to the attacking depth even today....I didn't think that way at the start of the season - then I predicted 2 seasons

He isn't good enough to start for you lot yet.

My OP was that if Alexis is indeed sold and some combo of Tello/Cuenca et al are moved on, then there are certainly as many if not more minutes waiting for him in the rotation at his parent club

I don't understand this - what makes you think that a player who has not proven consistent enough to warrant a place in the Everton side regularly will get more game time in comparison for Barcelona, a much bigger club?

I don't understand this - what makes you think that a player who has not proven consistent enough to warrant a place in the Everton side regularly will get more game time in comparison for Barcelona, a much bigger club?

My point is that the premise is faulty to begin with, that he doesn't warrant a regular place in the rotation for Everton...I believe he does

Clubs that are competing in multiple competitions need to have depth & rotate, to bring something different to take an opponent off balance...Gerard is a game changing sort of player and while I have seen him do that on many levels, I had yet to see him do it on the senior level...and for me, he has shown he can beat defenders at will...Something he hadn't done with Barcelona's first team in the handful of appearances he's had for them in the past - his senior debut was 3 years ago at the age of 17 (In the Primera and then a few weeks later in Champions League), btw

He is a first team talent, for me...How much he is ready to take minutes with Barcelona's first team is unclear and I couldn't predict that...It will be on the lad's shoulders to show his quality so while he is not the finished article it's clear to me he's ready to be a part of the rotation...especially if attacking options with the first team are now being moved on...Throw on top of it the issue of the club's current transfer ban, makes plenty of sense to fortify from within the cantera

Edit: Scratch that, looks like the transfer ban is temporarily suspended so they will make a few signings & sales

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.