Summer transfer window 2023

We need to reduce our wage bill not like for like replace or increase it.
We were over 90% of revenue with wages alone. That is unsustainable and shouldn't be what we aim for going forward. So replacing 150k worth of wages with 150-200k would be beyond stupid.

This, when o read that “ we have got rid of Mina , coady, simms, davies etc” wages so we should be able to sign or pay X amount for a players contract it makes no sense.

Our wages are to high we need to keep trimming it . It will take time but overpaying iwobi, maupay, holgate, gomes , gbamin is a massive problem . We need to get shot of them ( preferably get fees for them) and then the wages to turnover will be sustainable.

Once in that position we need to recruit well and keep within our “salary cap” as a club.

The loss of Mina and Coady is offset by Branwaithe. Townsend is replaced by Danjuma. Davies is replaced by Gomes and Dele. Young has come in to provide depth in the backline.

This is an improvement BUT its obvious we need reinforcements on the wings and striker to replace DCL. Here‘s hoping we sign Sulemana on loan. Then we sign Chermiti and FC Midtjylland's Emiliano Martinez as future prospects.

I’d be in favour of wiping any reference to kenwright from the club. There should be no stand named after the complete and utter lying failure of a chairman

Unless they name one of the crappers after him. ‘The Kenwright Sh.tehouse’.

You can expect that on match days the loo’s will be overflowing with faecal matter… Just like our affable chairman.

The so called ‘transfer market’ wizz kid!
All his so called ‘acumen’ and apparently we are looking at Maguire?!?
Great! Slabhead and Keggers as our CB pairing is an absolute disaster waiting to happen. 🤦‍♂️

I know things aren't great right now but why exaggerate. We've also got danjuma on loan. He's not ours but it's still a signing.

We didn't scoff at Barry and Lukaku when we got them on loan. A loan signing is still a signing
Not one once of exaggerating on my behave, DANJUMA is injured tomorrow, we only get to see Ashley Young. Don't need you being the feelings correctional officer here lad 😂😉

Drama Queen

The loss of Mina and Coady is offset by Branwaithe. Townsend is replaced by Danjuma. Davies is replaced by Gomes and Dele. Young has come in to provide depth in the backline.

This is an improvement BUT its obvious we need reinforcements on the wings and striker to replace DCL. Here‘s hoping we sign Sulemana on loan. Then we sign Chermiti and FC Midtjylland's Emiliano Martinez as future prospects.
Davies replaced by Gomes and Dele. That's the levels he was at. Takes 2 players to replace him.

Fear they are waiting till nearer the end of the window, classic Everton wait and wait until there's only the scraps left over and the fees are a bit knocked down and we saved a few weeks of wages throwing away the chance to start well.
They are waiting. With the way things are if I knew we'd get at least another two, maybe three players in on deadline day, I'd gladly take it now. Leaving Chermiti aside. But that's the thing. It's not like they have left the deadline come and go and did nothing before.

There won't be anyone else signed before the deadline that goes into the team. I'd expect loans to be more readily available on deadline day so hoping we can at least fulfill our quota on those and use whatever money can be raised from selling Gray.

Unfortunately I would put nothing past them though. Including pocketing the Gray money and not spending it. Hope for the best but fear the worst. Try to get points on the board in the first four games.

I avoid deadline day like the plague now. I'll just check on what went down the following morning. Can't be bothered fretting about non-existent updates and signings. Fellaini was a big surprise out of nothing. I'm not expecting anything, but hope for something

Good job our strategy of signing bad, old, expensive, premier league proven players has kept us well clear of this outcome.

The simple fact is that this club has followed your proposed strategy and has got worse every year. If we get worse again this year we will be relegated. The option you advocate for striker, Che Adams, is just this year's Maupay. He's a bad player. I know you say he's the "right bad player", whatever that means, but more bad players send us down. We are not a good side and, despite that, Che Adams does not make us better. It's a stupid idea.

Where have I advocated our strategy was right? It clearly wasn't because there was me we a plan or strategy.

Think you're not understanding where we are at the moment and the market we're operating due to finances.

We've bagged some 19 year old from Sporting. He fits your bill. Lad won't start any games though so we're in the same position before buying him.

Your strategy is getting unproven PL players. This is fine. But you do understand we'll be in the market for the foreign Che Adams right? Doesn't matter about PL proven or old or anything...it's about the right player.

This, when o read that “ we have got rid of Mina , coady, simms, davies etc” wages so we should be able to sign or pay X amount for a players contract it makes no sense.

Our wages are to high we need to keep trimming it . It will take time but overpaying iwobi, maupay, holgate, gomes , gbamin is a massive problem . We need to get shot of them ( preferably get fees for them) and then the wages to turnover will be sustainable.

Once in that position we need to recruit well and keep within our “salary cap” as a club.
Agreed. We have too many players who don’t start regularly making north of 50k. This can’t happen anymore. I suspect Brighton and Brentford still have significantly smaller wage bills than us. Unfortunately because of the state we are in there is little we can offer but a decent wage