Summer transfer window 2023

Heard he has a release clause in his contract though
No. He had one in his original contract, but he got a new contract (more dough) in exchange for the release clause being removed. That is what was reported by “sources close to the club at the time”. Certainly when he first joined he was little more than a prospect and was paid accordingly.

How does Zaha to Galatasaray make ANY sense? Theres no way they'd pay him anywhere near what he was, he's on a free so he SHOULD be even getting a bump up in pay. Turkey isn't exactly known for splashing the cash for players.
Champions League football, playing for a league title while having a clear place in the starting squad.

He didn’t go in the preseason tour and you would imagine he’s 3rd choice behind the 2 strikers they signed. He’s got a long contract there though, and he only signed it in February, so I would have thought it would be a loan, if anything. West Ham are supposedly interested as well.

I think he’s the type of player that would fit our system, just wonder how he’s recovered from that big injury he had.

How does Zaha to Galatasaray make ANY sense? Theres no way they'd pay him anywhere near what he was, he's on a free so he SHOULD be even getting a bump up in pay. Turkey isn't exactly known for splashing the cash for players.

Lots of British players end up going there, Nathan Redmond was at Beskitas same time as Dele and actually did pretty well.

Mind you payment of wages at some of the more mid table clubs isn't that reliable so not many last long.

Difficult to understand who Zaha was expecting to come in for him, he was yearning for Arsenal but they were last seriously interested in 2019.

He didn’t go in the preseason tour and you would imagine he’s 3rd choice behind the 2 strikers they signed. He’s got a long contract there though, and he only signed it in February, so I would have thought it would be a loan, if anything. West Ham are supposedly interested as well.

I think he’s the type of player that would fit our system, just wonder how he’s recovered from that big injury he had.

He was most close to signing for West Ham last summer. Think with Antonio close to leaving and Samacca not really working out and wanting to go to Roma they could come back in for him end of the window.

Had a season out hasn’t he?

No. He had one in his original contract, but he got a new contract (more dough) in exchange for the release clause being removed. That is what was reported by “sources close to the club at the time”. Certainly when he first joined he was little more than a prospect and was paid accordingly.
Some talk on our boards that the release clause was removed for all but CL clubs hence Chelsea would have to pay more.
Also they have Gallagher and Callum Hudson Odoi the latter being of particular interest now Zaha is off.