Summer transfer window 2023

How would people feel about Danjuma after how he blind sided us last time? i'm sure there are two sides to the story.
would take danjuma and gnoto would give us more flexable options who can play uptop and both sides out wide. Not happy the way he didnt come to us but just at a bad place atm and well on loan he would be a good option. Imo we would need two wingers coming in to replace gray and gordon. Just want to see attackers come in.

Exactly, it would be a statement of the short term goal of avoiding relegation. And if that is the case then Dyche is probably the right man for the job. Transfers may be all short term this summer and may just be tactical to avoid the drop next May. But, and regardless how bad the Board is viewed, this will only be a short term strategy until the new ground is built. Once that is sorted there will be more cash available for transfers and things will get better. Its breaking eggs to make omelettes situation and unfortunately Everton is currently in the breaking eggs phase as opposed to the eating the omelette phase. As someone posted last week, when Spurs and Arsenal built their stadiums they spent F all on transfers. It is just short term pain for long term gain

Yes a very considered post.

Our issue is not with Young per se, but is two fold. 1 it comes on the back of continued short termism (Delph, James, Rondon, Townsend, Allan etc) all good pro's, brought in at the end of their career who left for nothing. So there is legitimate frustration.

The second is that the club are losing it's best young talent. Small, Lawrence, Samuels Smith and Price in the last 2-3 seasons. There is a perception (I think a little harsh) that there is no pathway. But selling Samuels Smith a left back, to replace him with a 37 year old is an awful look, however it's diced. It's not going to make it any easier is it?

The problem is, you have a manager who most would agree wants experience, and is simply not going to throw a 17 year old into the team. If we had a manager who did that, I have no doubt we would come 20th. We dont have that wriggle room currently.

Like we brought a lad through in Gordon, but it culminated in our worst 2 seasons. I'm not blaming Gordon, but one sort of is a product of the other.

As with alot of dilemmas it's quite complex, and you an have 2 or 3 things simultaneously correct that contradict each other.

I am critical of the signing, but none of that is about Young who in honesty seems a model pro, and a lot has to be said for the guy still wanting to keep turning out at the top level at 38.

Our issue is not with Young per se, but is two fold. 1 it comes on the back of continued short termism (Delph, James, Rondon, Townsend, Allan etc) all good pro's, brought in at the end of their career who left for nothing. So there is legitimate frustration.

The second is that the club are losing it's best young talent. Small, Lawrence, Samuels Smith and Price in the last 2-3 seasons. There is a perception (I think a little harsh) that there is no pathway. But selling Samuels Smith a left back, to replace him with a 37 year old is an awful look, however it's diced. It's not going to make it any easier is it?

The problem is, you have a manager who most would agree wants experience, and is simply not going to throw a 17 year old into the team. If we had a manager who did that, I have no doubt we would come 20th. We dont have that wriggle room currently.

Like we brought a lad through in Gordon, but it culminated in our worst 2 seasons. I'm not blaming Gordon, but one sort of is a product of the other.

As with alot of dilemmas it's quite complex, and you an have 2 or 3 things simultaneously correct that contradict each other.

I am critical of the signing, but none of that is about Young who in honesty seems a model pro, and a lot has to be said for the guy still wanting to keep turning out at the top level at 38.
Other teams have a pathway and don’t come 20th

But selling Samuels Smith a left back, to replace him with a 37 year old is an awful look
That’s not how it looks or happened. He didn’t have a pro contract so can be approached and we got £4million compensation for him no brainier for most young lads. Chelsea poor last season but have won things in recent times and can offer a much more lucrative deal to a young lad than we can I’d imagine so anyway.

That’s not how it looks or happened. He didn’t have a pro contract so can be approached and we got £4million compensation for him no brainier for most young lads. Chelsea poor last season but have won things in recent times and can offer a much more lucrative deal to a young lad than we can I’d imagine so anyway.

But there is an issue that young players don't see a pathway. That is a big problem for us. The specifics may not match up, but there is a broader picture.

I am critical of the signing, but none of that is about Young who in honesty seems a model pro, and a lot has to be said for the guy still wanting to keep turning out at firstthe top level at 38.
First of all, thank you!

And I agree with what you are saying, the anti Young feelings are likely a build up of frustrations and he just happens to be the straw that breaks the camel's back. My view on it is fairly simple and I think it is similar to many but Mosh has lost a huge revenue stream with Usmanov and is understandably cutting back on spending which is a prudent thing to do. The problem is he is building the stadium and factors outside of his control have increased the bill from 500m to 750m. This needs to be funded somehow. Then, the killer for Everton is that Mosh is not a great footballing person and nor has he employed good footballing people to manage the club. So recruitment is poor which results in performances going downhill. Mosh needs to finish the stadium and keep Everton in the PL. With limited funding, the money available will be directed to the stadium and if necessary, footballing assets will be sold to help build the stadium. Once the stadium is build Mosh can either sell or enjoy the increase in profits realised. I think Dyche is employed to keep Everton in the PL, if he can do that for the next 2 or 3 years his job is safe. However, understandably this is not what the fans want and therefore cannot be communicated as the strategy. But rather than come up with some sort of strategy communication to keep fans happy there is just silence which is worse and quite insulting to the fans. Its a very tough time to be an Everton fan, I don't like what I see and I just hope Dyche can work wonders on a meagre budget and keep Everton up until the stadium is delivered and the football club can start to prioritise football as opposed to building

He was going to stay but we told him we were selling him

First of all, thank you!

And I agree with what you are saying, the anti Young feelings are likely a build up of frustrations and he just happens to be the straw that breaks the camel's back. My view on it is fairly simple and I think it is similar to many but Mosh has lost a huge revenue stream with Usmanov and is understandably cutting back on spending which is a prudent thing to do. The problem is he is building the stadium and factors outside of his control have increased the bill from 500m to 750m. This needs to be funded somehow. Then, the killer for Everton is that Mosh is not a great footballing person and nor has he employed good footballing people to manage the club. So recruitment is poor which results in performances going downhill. Mosh needs to finish the stadium and keep Everton in the PL. With limited funding, the money available will be directed to the stadium and if necessary, footballing assets will be sold to help build the stadium. Once the stadium is build Mosh can either sell or enjoy the increase in profits realised. I think Dyche is employed to keep Everton in the PL, if he can do that for the next 2 or 3 years his job is safe. However, understandably this is not what the fans want and therefore cannot be communicated as the strategy. But rather than come up with some sort of strategy communication to keep fans happy there is just silence which is worse and quite insulting to the fans. Its a very tough time to be an Everton fan, I don't like what I see and I just hope Dyche can work wonders on a meagre budget and keep Everton up until the stadium is delivered and the football club can start to prioritise football as opposed to building

Very good post, thanks VF