Summer transfer window 2023

Probably not, I dont think Chelsea really care about money or FFP and stuff so would probably just see him rot in the reserves. Maybe the Saudi's would pay it.
I think they are very nervous of FFP. They are giving players silly long contracts which adds huge risk to their future finances and the only logical reason for this is to try and avoid an FFP breach. Also they are selling as many players as they can. Over 200m worth of players sold in this window already

I think they are very nervous of FFP. They are giving players silly long contracts which adds huge risk to their future finances and the only logical reason for this is to try and avoid an FFP breach. Also they are selling as many players as they can. Over 200m worth of players sold in this window already
Dont think paying people for a longer period of time helps with FFP. Would have thought it does the opposite. May be wrong though

Free agents still available
GK: Timo Horn, Samir Handanovic, Joel Robles, Örjan Nyland, Tomáš Vaclík, Maxime Dupé
RB: Matt Doherty, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Ola Aina, Hugo Mallo
LB: Alfonso Espino, Ryan Manning, Ryan Bertrand
CB: Daniel Amartey, Alexander Djiku, Axel Tuanzebe, Samuel Umtiti, Danilo D'Ambrosio
DM: Ellyes Skhiri, Gerard Gumbau, Tiemoué Bakayoko, Nampalys Mendy, Josuha Guilavogui, Luka Milivojevic
CM: Roberto Pereyra, Ross Barkley, Roberto Gagliardini, Adam Forshaw
AM: James Rodríguez, Jesse Lingard, Manuel Lanzini
RW: Adama Traoré, Nathan Redmond, Juan Cuadrado, Lucas Moura, Pedro, Tanguy Coulibaly
LW: Jonathan Bamba, Eden Hazard, Ayoze Pérez, Mohamed Elyounoussi
CF: Moussa Dembélé, Alfredo Morelos, Josh Maja, Mariano Díaz, Munir El Haddadi, Alexis Sánchez, Odion Ighalo, Anthony Modeste, Diego Costa

GK: Timo Horn, Samir Handanovic, Joel Robles, Örjan Nyland, Tomáš Vaclík, Maxime Dupé
CB: Daniel Amartey, Alexander Djiku, Axel Tuanzebe, Samuel Umtiti, Danilo D'Ambrosio
DM: Ellyes Skhiri, Gerard Gumbau, Tiemoué Bakayoko, Nampalys Mendy, Josuha Guilavogui, Luka Milivojevic
RW: Adama Traoré, Nathan Redmond, Juan Cuadrado, Lucas Moura, Pedro, Tanguy Coulibaly
CF: Moussa Dembélé, Alfredo Morelos, Josh Maja, Mariano Díaz, Munir El Haddadi, Alexis Sánchez, Odion Ighalo, Anthony Modeste, Diego Costa
Thanks for that. I'm praying the ones I've never heard of are good

Dont think paying people for a longer period of time helps with FFP. Would have thought it does the opposite. May be wrong though
Makes a huge difference to FFP. If a player costs 100m on a 4 year contract the amortisation cost for FFP is 25m a year, if the player signs an 8 year contract the amortisation cost is 12.5m a year. That is a lot of money when you consider the amount of players they have signed on long contracts

Makes a huge difference to FFP. If a player costs 100m on a 4 year contract the amortisation cost for FFP is 25m a year, if the player signs an 8 year contract the amortisation cost is 12.5m a year. That is a lot of money when you consider the amount of players they have signed on long contracts
I may be out of touch of all this as it doesn't necessarily interest me, but if we sign someone for (let's say) 100,000 a month, thats 1,200,000 a year. If we have them for 4 years we have a commitment of paying them 4,800,000, and thats where the valuation comes it. but if we sign for 8, we have a commitment of paying them 9,600,000. Surely commiting to fewer years here it would be better for FFP. A player wouldn't accept less in their wages for a longer contract would they? A wage is a wage, regardless of length.
Sorry if I've misunderstood the regs. Genuinely not too sure and this is how I would have seen it

Half decent mercenary team in that lot.

Would probably cost £10m a week in wages like

I may be out of touch of all this as it doesn't necessarily interest me, but if we sign someone for (let's say) 100,000 a month, thats 1,200,000 a year. If we have them for 4 years we have a commitment of paying them 4,800,000, and thats where the valuation comes it. but if we sign for 8, we have a commitment of paying them 9,600,000. Surely commiting to fewer years here it would be better for FFP. A player wouldn't accept less in their wages for a longer contract would they? A wage is a wage, regardless of length.
Sorry if I've misunderstood the regs. Genuinely not too sure and this is how I would have seen it
With FFP it only cares about your profit vs expenses. We are talking about the expenses here, and player expenses can be broken into 2 categories, salary, and transfer fees. You are only talking about the salary, which is ONLY an expense in the year it is paid. FFP does not care if you pay a guy 2 million a year for 1 year, or for 20 years, its still 2 million on that years FFP books.

On the transfer side it goes the same way, the transfer fee is divided by how long the contract is. So if you pay a 50m transfer fee, and its a 1 year contract, that year is 50m FFP. If its 10 years, its only 5m on the FFP books that year. The players actual impact on the FFP then is 2m salary + 5m transfer fee, for 7m.

Timo Horn,
Doherty Umtiti Tuanzebe Bertrand

Bakayoko Barkley

Traore Hazard Bamba

Dembele

Sign them all, would make the season a bit interesting.

With FFP it only cares about your profit vs expenses. We are talking about the expenses here, and player expenses can be broken into 2 categories, salary, and transfer fees. You are only talking about the salary, which is ONLY an expense in the year it is paid. FFP does not care if you pay a guy 2 million a year for 1 year, or for 20 years, its still 2 million on that years FFP books.

On the transfer side it goes the same way, the transfer fee is divided by how long the contract is. So if you pay a 50m transfer fee, and its a 1 year contract, that year is 50m FFP. If its 10 years, its only 5m on the FFP books that year. The players actual impact on the FFP then is 2m salary + 5m transfer fee, for 7m.
Isn't it a maximum of 5 years now that you can spread the fee over? Think they clamped down after Chelsea did those eight year ones.

The money from the sale will be set against losses, how the money is spent is a different question.

My understanding is that we can book the sales of Gordon and Kean in one year but that if we buy a player the cost is spread over the life of the contract. Chelsea used this to good effect in January by giving seven and eight year contracts to their new signings.

Our wages will probably be further reduced this set of accounts as the higher earning players leave or in some cases went out on loan.

This will happen again in season 23/24 when Alli, Gomes,Gbamin finally leave, this may even happen this window if we are lucky.

However, the big prize is staying in the Premiership, we have had two narrow escapes we may not be so lucky next time.
Relegation would devalue the asset by possibly hundreds of millions so money will be spent on players to avoid that scenario .
Our biggest issues with our finances are historic at this stage(even though that may come back to bite us yet.

Our squad is now quite small, the deadwood has been whittled down to three or four players, maybe less by the end of the window.

I would guess our wages to turnover must have improved a lot in the last accounts.
Brentford have just done this to the same extent with Collins, but possibly different financial blagging. More to do with him being in a more valuable bracket to them for longer.

Surprised dyche never asked for him, given our defence now.

Okay wow. I did not know that. Genuine thanks for the explanation.
What a poor way of organising it though. I know there's many flaws in FFP rules, but this just opens up clubs to manipulate the rules. Villa fan, your make a fairer point now knowing this.