Summer transfer window 2023

i dont see any long term future for holgate and godfrey

i'd rather sell both in the summer for like 10 mil than get nothing for them

holgate can join forest and godfrey can maybe go to a newly promoted burnley or something

...and thats fine.

But how much surgery can be done in one window ?

Selling players is one thing but the priority has to be CF, RW and ACM.

People want both Mykolenko + Godfrey + Keane + Holgate + Mina + Coleman + Nkounkou + Coady all moved on.

We'd be left with Branthwaite, Patterson and Tarkowski.

...and thats fine.

But how much surgery can be done in one window ?

Selling players is one thing but the priority has to be CF, RW and ACM.

People want both Mykolenko + Godfrey + Keane + Holgate + Mina + Coleman + Nkounkou + Coady all moved on.

We'd be left with Branthwaite, Patterson and Tarkowski.

Just to add to this...if we went FULL recycling mode...

Meaning to also sell Pickford and Onana and have a proper rebuild then it would make more sense to sell alot and try to do a variety of incoming business.

Meaning to also sell Pickford and Onana and have a proper rebuild then it would make more sense to sell alot and try to do a variety of incoming business.
That would be your wet dream if that happened… you’d be in post overload

You’d have to sell anyone close to or above £100k wages basically. If we drop both those have to go sadly.

That would be your wet dream if that happened… you’d be in post overload

NO. My head will have fallen off

You’d have to sell anyone close to or above £100k wages basically. If we drop both those have to go sadly.

I wish the mods could have some kind of shortening auto for "Everton football club does not do relegation".

Someone like Tarkowski wont be far off that being a free i suspect.

I think you'd probs try keep hold of Tarkowski given his age and how robust he is.

Yeah exactly...just meant about your £100k a week.

Id just like to see some simple things going forward...Branthwaite become world class...Garner and Onana becoming the new Vieira and Carrick...and a phenom forward join.

Not much really.

Yeah exactly...just meant about your £100k a week.

Id just like to see some simple things going forward...Branthwaite become world class...Garner and Onana becoming the new Vieira and Carrick...and a phenom forward join.

Not much really.

I meant the more "easier" to replace £100k players financially.

Sell Pickford, you can get a keeper for cheaper than the sale. Sell Tarkowski you probs have to cough up even more to cover etc.

we will have to box clever in the transfer market. I can see that the priority will be to make us difficult to beat. Play tight and press hard. Full backs and centre Midfield need strengthening for me …. How many years have we been saying that ?

got a couple of returning loans that might help fill some gaps, but not awash. Maybe we will see a couple come through from the stiffs.

but we need to strengthen for sure …. But on a budget.

Club is in a mess financially, we have a new stadium incoming and may be in the Championship next year.

We need to buy good players to make us better to help with the stadium and get promoted/try and get back near Euro places.

We have no money and likely need to sell just for the financial future of the club.

This would make one epic FM save.