Summer transfer window 2023

On the Pickford possible sale and Begovic leaving I have been thinking about a couple of angles.

The first is how much would we loose in a return by waiting a year, and second what is the potential of us getting a younger backup with eyes on the 1st team next year (thus maybe cheaper) compared to a ready now replacement this window in a Pickford sale this window.

If say Pickford could fetch north of 35 million, is it viable for us to assume at least a 25 million possibility next summer? Clearly a lot on the top end are looking to replace their goalkeepers, thats a unique leverage position. That said it may also be fair to suggests that he would still have a market in some shape come a year from now. And if we already had his understudy, the outbound money may be equal regardless of a lesser return considering having a replacement.

Is that a logical splitting the difference? I say that understanding we should likely sell Pickford at peak value, but I also very much think we could almost assure relegation in his absence. But if we had a younger keeper that maybe was comfortable as an understudy a little cheaper because so, holding on to him even if we are loosing money could still make sense, as an immediate replacement would already be at the club. Compare that to the current league position and the context of Everton, we would be having a hefty outlay for an immediate replacement. In the aggregate of outlay to return it could be relatively comparable.

I say this also with an interesting foil. MSP has ownership in Estoril and Brondby. Those two clubs have very highly ranked young GK's in Dani Figueira, 24 in Portugal and Mads Hermansen, 22 in Denmark. Both have had soft links with premier league clubs. I have seen Hermansen as a likely target for Brentford if Raya is sold. Considering our dire circumstances I may be a bit wary giving them first team minutes week in week out, but a year as an understudy? Maybe on a cheaper acquisition from MSP to MSP. Could that split the difference of holding on to Jordan for a year?

Last edited:

On the Pickford possible sale and Begovic leaving I have been thinking about a couple of angles.

The first is how much would we loose in a return by waiting a year, and second what is the potential of us getting a younger backup with eyes on the 1st team next year (thus maybe cheaper) compared to a ready now replacement this window in a Pickford sale this window.

If say Pickford could fetch north of 35 million, is it viable for us to assume at least a 25 million possibility next summer? Clearly a lot on the top end are looking to replace their goalkeepers, thats a unique leverage position. That said it may also be fair to suggests that he would still have a market in some shape come a year from now. And if we already have his understudy outbound money may be equal regardless of a smaller return.

Is that a logical splitting the difference? I say that understanding we should likely sell Pickford at peak value, but I also very much think we could almost assure relegation in his absence. But if we had a younger keeper that maybe was comfortable as an understudy a little cheaper because so, holding on to him even if we are loosing money could still make sense, as an immediate replacement and the context of Everton positionally, we will be having a hefty outlay for an immediate replacement.

I say this also with an interesting foil. MSP owns Estoril and Brondby. Those two clubs have very highly ranked young keepers in Dani Figueira 24 in Portugal and Mads Hermansen, 22 in Denmark. Both have had soft links with premier league clubs. I have seen Hermansen as a likely target for Brentford if Raya is sold. Considering our dire circumstances I may be a bit wary giving them first team minutes week in week out, but a year as an understudy? Maybe on a cheaper acquisition from MSP to MSP. Could that split the difference of holding on to Jordan for a year?
And then some mate, thats not even the starting bid. Way, Way North of that is what would be needed,

Favs to sign Dewsbury Hall according to The Echo:rolleyes:

Would love that, for the right price.

I like him. Hes like Garner, in the sense of being a good all rounder. Left footed as well to add balance.

Onana
Garner Dewsbury-Hall

That would make a nice midfield 3 with Gana and Doucoure rotating in.

How much are we thinking, £15-20mil could be a very good deal.

Seems a decent enough steady player. Dunno if thats what we need.

He puts the goras in pythagoras.