Summer clearout

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few people saying 'we cant lose all these players"

But the fact is thqt alot of them arent even in thebsquad or good enough for the squad.

Well if you sell the ones that are in the squad you will need the ones you don't use more. Also within the dressing room a fire sale is not a sensible way to operate.

A few people saying 'we cant lose all these players"

But the fact is thqt alot of them arent even in thebsquad or good enough for the squad.

This is true but there have been times this season when we have had to call on those players. We didnt want to be in those situations where the squad was thin due to injuries and suspensions but we have found ourselves needing both Hibbert and Osman this season and neither have really let us down. Osman cane up with a great winner against West Ham and Hibbert has done his job well in a few games.

Exactly! 300k a week on absolute dross that offers next to nothing in terms of putting points on the board (which is our uttermost and primary objective). That's the equivalent of four boss 75k a week players, or three absolutely boss 100k a week players.

I believe your figures are slightly inaccurate though, Pienaar is on about 73k per week. Atsu will be on more, whilst Hibbert, Osman and Distin are on slightly less

Alcaraz and Distin are out of contract in June and will definitely be off, so that's an 80k saving. Pienaar, Osman, Gibson and Hibbert are all in contract until June 2016, and they won't be going anywhere because nobody will come close to matching their current wages, so we are left with them for another very expensive season in which they will be costing almost 200k to do nothing.

In fairness, we've only won two games since Osman was out. He's been missed in some experiences.

Major clearout time is needed in the summer. We can get a lot of deadwood off the wage bill

Outs
  • Distin £55k
  • Alcarez £30k
  • Howard £50k, £2m fee (MLS)
  • Pienaar, £50k, £2m fee (Hull or someone)
  • Osman, £45k (if he retires with this injury)
  • Hibbert, £40k, £1m fee
  • Eto'o £60k (already gone), £1m fee
  • Atsu - £30k
Over £300k a week on wages we will save!

That is some definite savings and gives Roberto a massive wage budget to bring in some Bosmans.

Added to the fact Lukaku £25-30m and Mirallas £15-20m might also leave, do we trust Roberto to find replacements and improvements? Big Big summer for us!
Im sure we could buy the entire Wigan team to replace these and have 200k a week left over to party with

Major clearout time is needed in the summer. We can get a lot of deadwood off the wage bill

Outs
  • Distin £55k
  • Alcarez £30k
  • Howard £50k, £2m fee (MLS)
  • Pienaar, £50k, £2m fee (Hull or someone)
  • Osman, £45k (if he retires with this injury)
  • Hibbert, £40k, £1m fee
  • Eto'o £60k (already gone), £1m fee
  • Atsu - £30k
Over £300k a week on wages we will save!

That is some definite savings and gives Roberto a massive wage budget to bring in some Bosmans.

Added to the fact Lukaku £25-30m and Mirallas £15-20m might also leave, do we trust Roberto to find replacements and improvements? Big Big summer for us!

You high?

Alcaraz won't be going
Pienaar won't be going.
Osman won't be going or retiring.
Hibbert will not go for £1m, he'll go on a free.
Eto'o did not go for £1m, he went on a free.

The only ones who I can see leaving this summer are Distin (because of age and Jagielka and Stones being the best pairing) and Howard (for the MLS).

You high?

Alcaraz won't be going
Pienaar won't be going.

The only ones who I can see leaving this summer are Distin (because of age and Jagielka and Stones being the best pairing) and Howard (for the MLS).

Alcaraz expires in the summer doesn't he? He's 33 I think, so I think he'll be going.
Pienaar is almost a cert to move on, he's played like 10 minutes for us and been poor, and the fact that Martinez keeps bringing in wingers almost forces him out (Gerry, McGeady, Lennon in the past 2 years).
Osman will stay.
Hibbert will be released.
Eto'o was free.

Gonna by very difficult that mate , some very good teams left in it now.
Champions lge drop downs will make it even tougher.
But we've done ok up to now ,so heres hoping.
(Dont believe Young Boys will be a pushover either)

We should be defo aiming for mate, there are some very good teams left and it will be competive but the reality now is the money made by PL clubs gazumps anything any team we come against have in budget, we need to loose the mentality of isn't it great to get so far and realise winning it should be a clear objective - we have very few excuses these days.

How many teams left will be sporting a 28mill pound striker - exactly.

You high?

Alcaraz won't be going
Pienaar won't be going.

Any chance Barry will follow Howard to MLS, do you think?

3 categories :

Past it -- Distin / Pienaar
Injured -- Gibson / Alcaraz
Low quality -- a fair few.

In a number of cases we can actually lose players without them being remembered. Then add them up ansld we can afford the wages of a couple of top players.

Well if you sell the ones that are in the squad you will need the ones you don't use more. Also within the dressing room a fire sale is not a sensible way to operate.

True, its more about having 2 players able to play in each position.

We have a team of young players or old codgers, only mirallas and coleman are in the middle ground.

The old players are sat on big contracts also.

One of the left backs will definitely go I think..wonder which.

This is true but there have been times this season when we have had to call on those players. We didnt want to be in those situations where the squad was thin due to injuries and suspensions but we have found ourselves needing both Hibbert and Osman this season and neither have really let us down. Osman cane up with a great winner against West Ham and Hibbert has done his job well in a few games.

Alcaraz expires in the summer doesn't he? He's 33 I think, so I think he'll be going.
Pienaar is almost a cert to move on, he's played like 10 minutes for us and been poor, and the fact that Martinez keeps bringing in wingers almost forces him out (Gerry, McGeady, Lennon in the past 2 years).
Osman will stay.
Hibbert will be released.
Eto'o was free.

Hibbert and Distin both got new contracts at ages past 33.
Peinaar is always injured but Martinez seems to value old players for "experience" or something.
Hibbert might not have his contract renewed but he certainly isn't getting sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.