Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I saw someone say he's on 80k I would be amazed if thats true considering all the other things the club has done to save money and he won't have been in a strong bargaining position either but maybe i'm wrong. I am happy for us to sign any players that make us better wherever they come from or however old they are I don't care. O'Hare would be a risk because at 26 and never playing at the top level you have to wonder if he can step up lots of players have been talked about as great in the championship and then failed in the premier league and they will always want premier league wages they aren't stupid and neither are their agents they won't accept championship wages for premier league expectation.
Yeah think we would have pay him more but not crazy money, i would take a chance with him. If he does want crazy money then walk away

Thought he was on high wages tbh, agree depends on the players profile but i would be looking at the likes of ohare at coventry who would not been on alot at them, is a risk but would be worth us looking at
Linked with West Ham, Wolves & Leicester

Harwood Bellis got hooked at half time this weekend for Southampton! Got skinned by a heavy looking Tyrese Campbell! I'd be very weary of looking to loan someone who is not pulling up trees in the league below after playing in it for 3 consecutive years

I mean I haven't seen his body of work to know if that's indicative of anything but a one-game instance but the point is more these are people to bring in.

We are absolutely amazingly bad at utilising the loan market these days.

How do we go from loans like Lukaku and Barry to Danjuma and Donny van de Beek.

I never said their loan fee was free, why would it be, but they're not going to be £8m, Harwood-Bellis went to the Championship. Gomez has played less than 500 mins all season in ALL comps. These are the players we should be looking to for loans not the likes of a Danjuma.

Bellis remained in the Championship after Burnley went up. Wonder why.

As for "These are the players we should be looking to for loans not the likes of a Danjuma"

...Danjuma was a player we wanted/"signed" before Dyche. So that gives you an idea on who brought him in. Any money we've spent in transfer fees, has been Thelwell, IMO.

I also didn't write the bold? If you're going to try multi-quote me do it better.

I translated what you said, hence "="

But, OK - how about this;

Danjuma, Moffi, Ouattara and another midfielder on loan would be a really successful January for a team desperate for goals.

Sadly, we know what happens.

Iheanacho, Gnonto and Danjuma (loan) would certainly make me less relegation anxious but it's us so welcome Alan Smith.

This was a personal favourite last summer when I was moaning about recruitment, you said;

Well we've upgraded Gordon for Danjuma and Young.

But we've lost Mina and Coady.

Can't see how this squad is worse than last Summer's offensively. Defensively I'd say neutral with Mina's availability.

I mean I haven't seen his body of work to know if that's indicative of anything but a one-game instance but the point is more these are people to bring in.

I really don't understand what you are trying to say.......................are you basing this on his age? because he has been brought through in the shelter of being a city academy player?
The fact Burnley didn't want him back for there PL campaign tells you all you need to know about him!
Why name him if you don't know what sort of player he is?
Genuinely Michael Keane makes more sense

Bellis remained in the Championship after Burnley went up. Wonder why.

As for "These are the players we should be looking to for loans not the likes of a Danjuma"

...Danjuma was a player we wanted/"signed" before Dyche. So that gives you an idea on who brought him in. Any money we've spent in transfer fees, has been Thelwell, IMO.

I translated what you said.

But, OK - how about this;

This was a personal favourite last summer when I was moaning about recruitment, you said;

What'swrong with the players I listed we go back in January exactly?

Danjuma has flopped but Moffi has a good goal record in France and Ouattara has been decent for Bournemouth.

I did, back in July, also think that was an squad upgrade on a very average Anthony Gordon. July 2024? Different answer.

Again, revisionism.

We are wank, and yet we're still here, 3 in a row, more comfortable than ever.

Wages are precious, let's not.
Depends on what type of deal you are making doesn't it?

A 4 year deal for a player like that would of course be madness.

A one year stop gap if we can't afford/attract anybody else, yeah why not?

I really don't understand what you are trying to say.......................are you basing this on his age? because he has been brought through in the shelter of being a city academy player?
The fact Burnley didn't want him back for there PL campaign tells you all you need to know about him!
Why name him if you don't know what sort of player he is?
Genuinely Michael Keane makes more sense

I never said I don’t know what sort of player he is? I was referring to your comment on his substitution and I’d have to have seen him all season to know if that meant anything.

I’m suggesting names like because they’re young enough that we can trial them on a loan and if they fit, we buy. If they don’t, it’s a loan fee used and not a transfer fee.

It’s being smart.

What'swrong with the players I listed we go back in January exactly?

Danjuma has flopped but Moffi has a good goal record in France and Ouattara has been decent for Bournemouth.

I did, back in July, also think that was an squad upgrade on a very average Anthony Gordon. July 2024? Different answer.

Again, revisionism.

Revisionism from you, yes.

You're saying just now we shouldn't be loaning the likes of Danjuma - when in the past as I've shown you've been longing for us to sign Danjuma, and even said last summer to me that we'd improved by bringing in Danjuma and Young for Gordon. Look;

Well we've upgraded Gordon for Danjuma and Young.

But we've lost Mina and Coady.

Can't see how this squad is worse than last Summer's offensively. Defensively I'd say neutral with Mina's availability.

No coincidence it was @Zatara who liked that post lol

Oh and by the way, Ouattara cost Bournemouth £20m+ so a complete none starter for us. Just as well - he's scored 2 goals in 43 games.

Linked with West Ham, Wolves & Leicester
Yeah think alot clubs like this will all be after the same players. Can cover two positions just want see us try for players this summer is a market with players who could help but ofc if to much money or they want to go to a differeny club then fine. But is key we get a stronger squad

Depends on what type of deal you are making doesn't it?

A 4 year deal for a player like that would of course be madness.

A one year stop gap if we can't afford/attract anybody else, yeah why not?
Esp if the postion is a backup ofc we need get quality in to out we cant just go crazy with spending and big money contracts.

Revisionism from you, yes.

You're saying just now we shouldn't be loaning the likes of Danjuma - when in the past as I've shown you've been longing for us to sign Danjuma, and even said last summer to me that we'd improved by bringing in Danjuma and Young for Gordon. Look;

The likes of Danjuma in the fee you listed for him not Danjuma the player. I never wanted him in the first place after he jibbed us off but thought he would be half useful at least.

No coincidence it was @Zatara who liked that post lol

Oh and by the way, Ouattara cost Bournemouth £20m+ so a complete none starter for us. Just as well - he's scored 2 goals in 43 games.

He’s been decent and can play all along the left even in defence now. Don’t just stare at the numbers. I also linked him about a year prior to this when he wasn’t that fee. (We wouldn’t have got him anyway with the club ownerships links).

Probably because loans still cost money so the better loans come in when we can afford them.

They are very erratic too. The same season we got Lukaku on loan we also got Lennon and Deulofeu, pretty successful one that Barry was a weird loan/buy deal. We basically paid for him even though he was out of contract.

A season or two before we were loaning Senderos and Jo, rubbish, but this was also from a manager who loaned in Arteta, Pienaar and Yobo. So its very hit and miss.

To be fair both DVB and Danjuma had injuries whilst with us too. (I don't think Danjuma has been given much of a chance at all really). Harrison has done a job this season.

The choice this season was to improve the striker position whatever people think of the players. We did try for wingers gnonto asprilla ect and ofc should be top of the list of positons we need. Sure ouattara picked them and we also walked away because of the price

We shall see who comes in by the end of the window but if any are ex-Burnley we know he has no aspirations to play nice football or achieve... anything.

….but I thought we finally have a DOF who is responsible for managing the transfer budget, strategy, identifying and acquiring players and contract negotiations. Not sure how Dyche can bring in his own players unless Thelwell is leaving at the end of his contract.