Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Should get Antonio Nusa. He was very close to joining Brentford last transfer window, but concerns about injuries after his medical made them reconsider. However, it does not seem that it would be a problem,so I would definitely take him. He is exactly what we need on the wing. Fast and A great dribler. Only 19 as well for around £25m

He plays on the left doesnt he and we were linked last year.

I wonder if we may go back for Gnonto or Asprilla this summer but for the right and both can play other positions too.

I agree with Zat that reinvesting money from player sales with the purchase of new players is necessary, and that it is so necessary that we will see it happen this summer. Not mega bucks spending, but something more than just picking up free transfers.

Also, as cack as PSR may be, I'd rather have a stronger squad and a 4 point deduction, than a weaker squad with no points deductions. I am not in favour of rushing to sell players for below market value in order to avoid a deduction of four points. There are definitely circumstances were accepting a points deduction would be better than a fire sale.

Thats how to get around the rules...always have a player to sell for a good fee every season.

I agree with Zat that reinvesting money from player sales with the purchase of new players is necessary, and that it is so necessary that we will see it happen this summer. Not mega bucks spending, but something more than just picking up free transfers.

Also, as cack as PSR may be, I'd rather have a stronger squad and a 4 point deduction, than a weaker squad with no points deductions. I am not in favour of rushing to sell players for below market value in order to avoid a deduction of four points. There are definitely circumstances were accepting a points deduction would be better than a fire sale.

If we broke PSR deliberately, we'd get a mega-points deduction, not 4 points. They'd throw the book at us and we'd deserve it.

If we broke PSR deliberately, we'd get a mega-points deduction, not 4 points. They'd throw the book at us and we'd deserve it.
PSR isnt important to a club that cant afford to pay its players wages.

People really need to move away from PSR this window, it wont be a factor when we sell Onana and Branners, how much money we can reinvest and not pay off debt will be our only concern.

Barkley is an interesting shout as a free agent.
If he was open to keeping his Luton level wage it would be an easy positive introduction to the squad.
Personally wouldn't be against him coming back considering our circumstances.