Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone reassure me we aren't stupid enough to give United £30million for an injury prone cast-off so they can then sign our main centre half target for a similar amount.

Please.

It's probably not about money with Mina though. We have reportedly offered Barca an acceptable amount. It's (supposedly) the players' camp assessing their options.

Clubs make zero to very little money from player shirt sales. Even though our deal is terrible, it would have no barring at all either way.
It would certainly help getting a new deal at a minimum. Right now you literally cannot find an Everton kit in the states. I'm also pretty sure the other clubs at least make something off them.

Im probably in the minority here, but I would rather we liquidated than sign Rojo.

he's just so crap, i don't like having a defender who you know "will probably make a mistake" ... but then i look at our current crop of fat immobile idiots and you think, he would actually be better than all of them just because he runs a bit faster.

I mean if it came to it, i think i'd rather us not actually buy any centre backs now and get a better one in january than buy rojo now. Anyway, it's all media jarg imo, i doubt brands even knows one thing about ben gibson or ben mee, yet they're on the list.

He isn't actually that bad. People were advocating Phil Jones yesterday like.

Rojo is pretty quick and strong, and decent on the ball. He could definitely play in a higher line.

However, his injury record is dreadful and he's not exactly a 'leader' at the back, which I think is what we need. At the reported price, I think there's definitely far better options.

It's evidently, for now, coming from United's side, so let's see what happens.

United have the media in the palm of their hand. City are champions yet the local Manc press are just as biased against them as the echo are against us.

2ezkf9.jpg

Honestly just thrilled we are buying some defenders to replace our ageing Jags, Williams and Baines. Hopefully Williams is now through the door in the next few weeks.... please end his nightmare.

(he can take Morgan away whilst he's at it, aslong as we buy another CM).

Rojo seems like a complete liability when we need someone consistent. Very worrying. Liverpool Echo said we are interested too. Have to question Brands if we go through with this as he’s another former Silva player.

Status
Not open for further replies.