Strikers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Wayne

Player Valuation: £100m
We seem to be linked to an awful lot of strikers at the moment. Leads me to think something might be afoot with our existing batch.

Saha is the obvious candidate as his contract is up in the summer. Vaughan must still be risky given his injury record. Anichebe also must be in the risky category. Can't imagine Yak will be going anywhere?

Does the interest in new strikers mean Saha is likely to be moving on in the summer?

I imagine its more that Moyes wants back up strikers, as we seem to have a habbit of buying injured ones.

Yak is not up to speed. Anichebe is still injured. Vaughan and Saha are a bit injury plagued.

Bruce just think back to my thread "Do we have a striker problem"

I and then followed by others considered that we do, given that Saha may go followed by our other striker of late -- Peanuts. We live in hope that Yak may come back refreshed and ready to start knocking them in again but him and Vaughan have had bad injuries. Whilst those injuries may not be career threatening they surely could have a significant effect on play and performance.

Clearly there may be concerns that this area needs reinforcement.

Last edited:

The way Saha walked off and i'm hoping it's due to some sort of injury.
I'm not in the camp we will want to fork out many money for him in the summer. I can see some shock movements in the summer to free up transfer funds for younger talent.

Well Saha would be on a free so who would leave to generate cash??:dodgy:

I have a feeling either Vaughan or Anichebe will move on. I wouldn't be surprised if one of our midfielders left who I won't name because of promoting bad feelings on this board.

Saha wants a higher salary I just can't see us doing that presently.

You can never have too many goalscorers. Vaughan & Saha are excellent on their day but always seem more likely to pick up injuries than the average player, Yakubu & Anichebe are both coming back from long-term injuries & we've lost an option in Jo. I'd be happy if we brought someone else in

Jo may have left, but we have Vaughan and Anichebe returning from injury.

If we were to land Huntelaar, would Moyes let Vaughan go on loan to Derby ? Would it unsettle Saha or Yakubu if they saw Huntelaar coming in and going above them in the pecking order ?

Beckford will probably be joining us in the summer, and I'd hazard a guess that Moyes will be looking at bringing in a second striker given the uncertainty over Saha and the fact that it wouldn't hurt us to sell either Vaughan or Anichebe.

Status
Not open for further replies.