Striker Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand the hatred for Kone. He's hardly kicked a ball for us. Let's give him a chance before we all completely write him off.

This. At the most he cost 5M (release clause) so don't know where the 6M comes from. Wages are what determines a player being expensive anyway, I don't see kone being a high earner. He's back up, what do you expect to pay for such a player these days? 10M doesn't guarantee you anything better tbh. That's why the best cost 20M +

No issues with kone tbh. I also think, Jose will let lakaku go! Just a sneaky feeling.

This. At the most he cost 5M (release clause) so don't know where the 6M comes from. Wages are what determines a player being expensive anyway, I don't see kone being a high earner. He's back up, what do you expect to pay for such a player these days? 10M doesn't guarantee you anything better tbh. That's why the best cost 20M +

No issues with kone tbh. I also think, Jose will let lakaku go! Just a sneaky feeling.

I have a sneaky feeling we could nott afford his fee.

Chelsea paid £20m for him, what do you think he would cost? I don't think he'd go for less than around £32m. Out of our range. If he could be gotten for anywhere around 25m or less we should do everything possible to make it happen.

Best strike rates in Europe (selected):

1. Mitroglou (Olympiacos) Age 25, 14 goals in 10 matches
2. Suarez (Liverpool) Age 26, 14 in 10
3. Lascak (Rosport) Age 19, 17 in 13
4. Ronaldo (Madrid) Age 28, 17 in 14
5. Kolyaev (Levadia II) Age 24, 24 in 20
6. Luvannor (Sheriff) Age 23 *Defender* 18 in 15
11. Montero (Sporting) Age 26, 13 in 12
13. Finnbogason (Heerenveen) Age 24, 14 in 13
23. Costa (Athletico Madrid) Age 25, 15 in 15

Maybe worth asking Mirallas for his opinion on Mitroglou? He has three goals and an assist in five CL games and his international record is 8 in 28. Transfermarkt (not the most reliable source) rate him at £6.3m and claim that Liverpool have been interested.

Fredy Montero is on loan at Sporting from Seattle Sounders, so there might be an opportunity to nip in for him.

Finnbogason might be an option but it seems like Costa declined to join Liverpool even though they met his 25m euro release clause and he's doing very well in La Liga.

In all seriousness that's not the way to do it billy, you need to pick a league, take its second top goalscorer, find their video on youtube and then browse the linked videos. Top goalscorers in Europe is too easy.

In all seriousness that's not the way to do it billy, you need to pick a league, take its second top goalscorer, find their video on youtube and then browse the linked videos. Top goalscorers in Europe is too easy.

Sorry, I'll get it right next time. :blink:Couldn't believe that a defender from Sheriff has the sixth best strike rate in all of the world's top leagues!

Mitroglou has looked impressive in the champions league games i've seen him in. Would be a good choice.

Mathias Suarez would still be my number one choice though

Best strike rates in Europe (selected):

1. Mitroglou (Olympiacos) Age 25, 14 goals in 10 matches
2. Suarez (Liverpool) Age 26, 14 in 10
3. Lascak (Rosport) Age 19, 17 in 13
4. Ronaldo (Madrid) Age 28, 17 in 14
5. Kolyaev (Levadia II) Age 24, 24 in 20
6. Luvannor (Sheriff) Age 23 *Defender* 18 in 15
11. Montero (Sporting) Age 26, 13 in 12
13. Finnbogason (Heerenveen) Age 24, 14 in 13
23. Costa (Athletico Madrid) Age 25, 15 in 15

Maybe worth asking Mirallas for his opinion on Mitroglou? He has three goals and an assist in five CL games and his international record is 8 in 28. Transfermarkt (not the most reliable source) rate him at £6.3m and claim that Liverpool have been interested.

Fredy Montero is on loan at Sporting from Seattle Sounders, so there might be an opportunity to nip in for him.

Finnbogason might be an option but it seems like Costa declined to join Liverpool even though they met his 25m euro release clause and he's doing very well in La Liga.

If I recall correctly, that "loan" is really a delayed purchase. It had something to do with his registration as a Colombian international. The loan becomes permanent next year. Either way, Montero's attributes fit the Portuguese league well but likely would not translate to the premier league. Very decent player, but not for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.