Stoke City vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightwood

Player Valuation: £500k
Evening GOT ers,

Really looking forward to your visit for what will be our final home game of a successful second season in the Prem.

Should be a good atmosphere as your fans were some of the best to visit the Brit last season.

If anyone wants any info on parking, etc, etc I'll do my best to help.

After a poor start, Moyes has waved his majic once again and I really hope you can secure a European spot. Good to see Arteta back in the team too, he was a big miss for you this season with his injury.

We've managed to upset plenty of supporters and managers once again with our compramising approach but hey ho - who gives a.............

Predictions for the game, I am hoping for another entertaining match as per our last encounter but I hope that we can be on the right side of a 5 goal thriller.

I'm just hoping we can add a bit more quality in the summer and become a regular team in the PL - the club is certainly in good shape with the Coates family at the helm and we have little or no debt which is fantastic in the current climate.

By the way for those of you not attending, all Stoke games are hosted by a chap called 'Hinge' on veetle - If you PM me I can give you their site and you will get the link on matchday for the stream as I know it can't be posted on here.

Lightwood ;)

Last edited:
Quite like Stoke, but yeah for your sake it would be good to see some genuine quality added. The question is, how do you attract it?

Happy to see Stoke doing well, as I keep enjoying watching games from Britannia Stadium this season too.

You did well adding Tuncay last summer (even if your style kept him from playing as well as he did for Boro), so there is a chance you can do it again. CM or modern fullback (left or right, doesn't really matter, you just have too many CBs playing there) would be my pick as a Stoke coach.

I'm just hoping we can add a bit more quality in the summer and become a regular team in the PL - the club is certainly in good shape with the Coates family at the helm and we have little or no debt which is fantastic in the current climate.
Did your read this - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article7076652.ece ?
I always was in assumption too that Stoke is in healty financial condition, were there any comments on Stoke message boards regarding this article?

I've got a feeling this will be 2-2 or 3-2 to Stoke. I dunno what we are doing at the moment....we don't seem to be able to hold the lead and see out the game.

draws are better than losses though i guess.

Stoke have done very very well so I take my hat off to them, and their fans.

Hopefully we'll get an entertaining and eventful game!!!

Good to see you back LW. I'm getting the feeling that it will be 2-2 or 1-1 as well. The Villa match really put us in a hole trying to get to Europe. Maybe w/o Europa then we can keep our team healthy though.

Stoke are doing good again this season. One question though: Do you think Europa is a reasonable goal for Stoke? It seems like the top 8 are 1-8 in wages/transfer fees (maybe Sunderland has a higher wage bill than us or Villa though). For all the talk about our team being skint we do have a large squad with some players making alot of money.

Good to see you back LW. I'm getting the feeling that it will be 2-2 or 1-1 as well. The Villa match really put us in a hole trying to get to Europe. Maybe w/o Europa then we can keep our team healthy though.

Stoke are doing good again this season. One question though: Do you think Europa is a reasonable goal for Stoke? It seems like the top 8 are 1-8 in wages/transfer fees (maybe Sunderland has a higher wage bill than us or Villa though). For all the talk about our team being skint we do have a large squad with some players making alot of money.

I think a Europe spot is some years away tbh - we need to Strenghten further over the summer and hopefully become a regular in this division. With stability the club can probably expand the Britannia (fill in all corners) and increase capacity to about 32K.

It will interesting to see what happens when we do get a bad run of results, the support can be very fickle and even now some people just don't appreciate Pulis (sighs).

I mean this as a compliment but I would like to see Stoke transform and hit the level that I believe Everton are at right now.

Evening GOT ers,

Really looking forward to your visit for what will be our final home game of a successful second season in the Prem.

Should be a good atmosphere as your fans were some of the best to visit the Brit last season.

If anyone wants any info on parking, etc, etc I'll do my best to help.

After a poor start, Moyes has waved his majic once again and I really hope you can secure a European spot. Good to see Arteta back in the team too, he was a big miss for you this season with his injury.

We've managed to upset plenty of supporters and managers once again with our compramising approach but hey ho - who gives a.............

Predictions for the game, I am hoping for another entertaining match as per our last encounter but I hope that we can be on the right side of a 5 goal thriller.

By the way for those of you not attending, all Stoke games are hosted by a chap called 'Hinge' on veetle - If you PM me I can give you their site and you will get the link on matchday for the stream as I know it can't be posted on here.

Lightwood ;)

Alrite mate, does my head in when people **** off your style. Does it matter what you do if it keeps you in the Prem? I actually think you play some very decent, high tempo stuff, much better side to watch than Villa.

Always a tough game, if we are on it we'l get 3 points, but Everton this season are just funny-buggars, and your the type of side to stick a couple past us and defeat us. Can't really predict it, i think we are on the brink of something special, but i rate you a lot at home even though you have had a few defeats this year.

You should be in the Prem for years to come, good stability and good structure. You are adding to it year by year and going by you work slowly and quietly, doing it properly. Good luck to ya, don't mind Stoke, you don't come across as proper teds like some other teams and you get very decent support.

Enjoy the game week-satdee mate :)

Looking forwards to this... Moyes getting sent off, going to the stand behind the dugout, and then shaking the hands of the bemused Potters around him at the final whistle was probably my favourite non-tictac moment of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.