Steven Pienaar

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a bit of a nob, isn't good enough to start. I'd keep him as an option from the bench, but if there was a better option available to come in and we needed his wages to make it happen i'd get rid.

Martinez likes pace out wide i think.

ffs Brenz now it looks like I just copied you. Point is still valid mind, he is though.

He's a bit of a ballbag really. And he has a habit of allowing all the defenders to get back and take up boss positions. Generally I've always been most impressed with him when he's been on loan here/when Arteta left and he was the main man. If he hasn't got anything to prove and he's not the main man he plays like he's really not arsed more often than not. Mirallas and McGeady should start on the wings in the bigger games, Pienaar in cups.

FFS lad now it just looks like i copied you, he is though.

should definitely keep him for this season at least. if a team comes in with a decent offer then we can think about selling but i don't think anyone will, possibly in jan a struggling team may come in for him, but we shouldn't be actively looking to sell him. still a good rotation player, but we need a new starting LM imo

he's very important for depth and creates some good chances, his history with baines in previous seasons could/can be important
a positive player... if only he could finish better

Still better than McGeady from what I've seen so far.
The fact he makes Baines 2x better is a plus too, wouldn't like to see Baines ignored like Coleman is at times on the right hand side.

Think a lot of the season it'll be Pienaar for 60+ minutes, then McGeady on when we need to be direct (my only issue with Pienaar).

We improved a lot last season when he got injured. I'll be a bit disappointed if he starts our first game. Good player to have in the squad though, keeps possession well.

Surprised people think he's a knob. I've always found him to be really endearing. Sweet guy.
I reckon he's got one season left in him before it would be in his and the club's interest to maybe sell him to one of the richer SA clubs. Just recover the cost of the rest of his contract.
Still a really great creative player though.

Hes a bad snide, Spurs and what not.

But a good player, disagree with others are saying about defending - i think the years are catching up on him but hes always provided briliant cover for Baines, he has a great engine, i think we,ve seen less of this since Roberto cam in and i found McGeadys comments about being told not to track back to cover Colemand interesting if you translate them to Pienarr - whom may have been told the same.

His partnership with Baines is relentless and he is brilliant decoy for him, his stats for key passes - ball to the player who assists are superb, hes not an out and out winger for me but an inside forard playmaker - the width comes from Baines.

Surprised people think he's a knob. I've always found him to be really endearing. Sweet guy.
I reckon he's got one season left in him before it would be in his and the club's interest to maybe sell him to one of the richer SA clubs. Just recover the cost of the rest of his contract.
Still a really great creative player though.
I really like him and have a lot of time for him, he always makes time for conversation and makes a fuss over my daughter which makes her day

He's blatantly a snide and unlikable, but people saying he's finished are premature, and as long as he's not biting people or being a bad racist then being a snide is alright with me. We need more of them in the side actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.