Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
good grief..does anyone remember the spurs game?! hes still a limited player, great sub..shouldnt be starting

Don't think it's unfair to say that he was terrible least season.

He has got progressively better as this season has gone on and on Sunday he played genuinely very well.

He's beginning to look like he might be a decent player for us. It has taken a while for me to think this.

It's arguable he deserves a start on Sunday in role behind Lukaku - he's more of a goal threat than anyone else we have in that position.

His position is behind a striker, he played out wide last season and people slated him. Scary stuff.

EB38D5DD-99AB-4083-AB8D-949CB8213119_zps44hhacqz.jpg

He doesn't have a song, does he?
How about this, to the tune of the Flintstones theme song:

Naismith, Steven Naismith
He's a player that we got for free
Naismith, Steven Naismith
He is Everton's albino Messi

There's a very old song that goes -

Daisy, Daisy give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage.
But you'll look sweet,
Upon the seat,
Of a bicycle made for two.

Perhaps we could adapt it to something like -

Naisy, Naisy give us a goal or two.
we're half crazy just for the best of you.

He made touches and passes that I genuinely didn't think him capable of. Would be unbelievably useful in the coming weeks if he could keep that up.

good grief..does anyone remember the spurs game?! hes still a limited player, great sub..shouldnt be starting
Classic example of what people are going on about. Naismith was excellent that game, one of our better performers for certain. He was neat, tidy, effective in possession and making good runs. As soon as he went outside you saw a compressed, superfast version of his time at Everton. i.e. out of position, faltering confidence, unconvinced teammates, crowd affecting his head, which all combined lead to mistakes. And mistakes start the cycle off again. After he tried to run down the line and the ball went out - no worse than Mirallas had been doing all day - the Spurs fans jeered at him (as you do) and you could see instantly his head dropped. Then he kept making mistakes until he was subbed. Martinez did the wrong thing by moving him out wide (I think he's learned his lesson now) and the right thing by saving him from himself. I do like how quickly Martinez finds and applies solutions.

I think Naismith,s movement is very good, he has a good football brain, he,s better in the air than Lukaku and has an eye for a goal. On the negative side his lack of pace and ordinary touch let him down. A very good squad player but I am not sure about him as a regular starter. Still I wouldn't mind a few more free transfers of his quality.

I think Naismith,s movement is very good, he has a good football brain, he,s better in the air than Lukaku and has an eye for a goal. On the negative side his lack of pace and ordinary touch let him down. A very good squad player but I am not sure about him as a regular starter. Still I wouldn't mind a few more free transfers of his quality.

his touch was pretty darn good on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.