Squad additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but I have no issue with Lescott.

Build the team with great signings and shore up with quality loans and frees. Continue to strengthen over time.

Yes but shaun has an issue :)

From where we are now, potential superstars to sign permanently and/or on loan. If we managed to get lukaku for example that could see us with a spine of wonderkids of Stones/Barkley/Lukaku.

Any cash left over I would be investing in two more lesser known young players in the hope one can really step up over the season. Loans I would seek to use for either Barry type players who can lend experience and make a difference in the dressing room or they would be a potential star who could be bought from their current club.

A summer of picking up Barry on a free, Mario Suarez from Atletico, an extension of Deulofeu's loan and Lukaku permanently would be spot on and vindicate Martinez holding back in this window.

Wouldn't want to get rid of Alcaraz, he fits our system brilliantly, real quality backup CB. And he's on minimal wages.

I couldnt understand why he was signed, nor could I understand the praise he received after his first game for us. So I am definitely in the minority here and have a clear view where the central defence should be going forward.

We need to make another Stones type signing. Only this time left sided cenrre back to forge a partnership with him. Then we have Distin/jagielka/stones/new signing and alcaraz/duffy can be offloaded.

We need to buy a CM and a striker on permanent deals in the Summer, and that's on top of hopefully keeping Barry, and getting Deulofeu again. That's the bare minimum, really we'd need to get in two midfielders and two strikers, although if one or two of those are on loan it'd be okay.

Then we'd have:

Robles
Howard

Baines
Oviedo

Coleman
Hibbert

Stones
Alcaraz
Distin
Jagielka

Barry
McCarthy
CM
Loan CM

Barkley
Mirallas
Deulofeu
Pienaar
Naismith
McGeady

Kone
Striker
Loan Striker

That's a decent sized squad, and use some of the youth players like Lundstram, Garbutt etc. if we get into Europe.

We need the center-forward position sorted, and an AM playmaker to compete with Barkley.

And we need to let go of some more of the deadwood that Moyes let accumulate:

Velios
Gueye
Hibbert

Think these 3 as well as Osman, Gibson, Howard will all leave at the end of their contracts and will be gradually phased out. This is because either;

A-- They wouldnt fetch any worthwhile fee if we tried to sell.

B-- We need to keep them as cover until we have an adequate replacement

C-- Loyalty/Morale in the case of Hibbert/Osman etc

A summer of picking up Barry on a free, Mario Suarez from Atletico, an extension of Deulofeu's loan and Lukaku permanently would be spot on and vindicate Martinez holding back in this window.

Wouldnt go for suarez and I think martinez has a better option lined up. I want a potentially WORLD CLASS u21 international or youngster signed up either permanently or better still with a clause allowing us to buy them.

Lukaku /Barry I think are almost done deals anyway - Deulofeu lets see.

We need to buy a CM and a striker on permanent deals in the Summer, and that's on top of hopefully keeping Barry, and getting Deulofeu again. That's the bare minimum, really we'd need to get in two midfielders and two strikers, although if one or two of those are on loan it'd be okay.

Then we'd have:

Robles
Howard

Baines
Oviedo

Coleman
Hibbert

Stones
Alcaraz
Distin
Jagielka

Barry
McCarthy
CM
Loan CM

Barkley
Mirallas
Deulofeu
Pienaar
Naismith
McGeady

Kone
Striker
Loan Striker

That's a decent sized squad, and use some of the youth players like Lundstram, Garbutt etc. if we get into Europe.

You appear to have missed off Gibson, I assume thats due to his injury issues, but yet you have kept on Alcaraz.

Anyway, I would like to see us make a move for Diego Milito, Andrea Pirlo and hopefully Del Piero, add some much needed age into a very youthful squad.

Watched MOTD last night, while Barklay was silly to get caught like that and then rant which left the Villa player to run. Have to say I thought Howard should messed up, should never have been a goal, have to ask what was he playing at, should have gone out quicker to take the ball of the player's feet.

I have seen Howard cock up like this before so I think we do need to look at finding a Goalie to bring in, do not think Robles is good enough and never will be.

I agree - decent shot stopper, although looks suspect at long range & in no way commands his box or comes for balls in the box. Also, 1 on 1 he seems to just simply fall to the ground without actually putting the player under pressure. He is a decent keeper, however I don't know why some think he's simply not allowed to be criticised.

IF Barry joins on a free, Deulofeu comes back for another loan and Chelsea decide to sell Lukaku to us then we're likely to spend our entire transfer budget making that happen. So we're going to be dependent on loans and free transfers again.

Goalkeeper- no issues.

Defence- Coleman, Stones, Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Alcaraz, Duffy, Baines and Oviedo. I don't think we really need anything. Martinez might look to bring a senior centre back in because of Alcaraz's injury issues and Distin's age. Lescott for free would be the obvious choice.

Midfield-Mirallas, McGeady, Gibson, Barry, McCarthy, Osman, Barkley, Pienaar, Deulofeu. We don't need an awful lot there either. Mirallas could play in the hole to accommodate Deulofeu or McGeady, so we'd have cover for Barkley. It would be nice if we could pick up an Arsenal-type player eg. Santi Cazorla or Rosicky to give us a bit more experience and guile in that area. Maybe Manuel Fernandes is the best option unless Roberto can find a decent loan. I haven't really rated Colback but he looked impressive in the derby at the weekend and, for free, he could be good cover for McCarthy.

Striker- Lukaku, Kone, Naismith, Vellios. It would be nice to have some pace. How often would they really play though? If we could take Traore for another season we wouldn't need any body else.

Then we'd have:

Robles
Howard

Baines
Oviedo

Coleman
Hibbert

Stones
Alcaraz
Distin
Jagielka

Barry
McCarthy
CM
Loan CM

Barkley
Mirallas
Deulofeu
Pienaar
Naismith
McGeady

Kone
Striker
Loan Striker

I think main difference here is that id be looking at a young left sided centre back whilst you're looking at an additional forward + expecting Deulofeu to spend another season with us.

If me, I would sign Lukaku and Barry + sign a young left sided centre back to partner with Stones long term. Then I would be loaning 2 young centre midfielders with buyout clauses.

The other two loan spaces can be used on youth prospects deulofeu or experienced players like barry.

Anyway, I would like to see us make a move for Diego Milito, Andrea Pirlo and hopefully Del Piero, add some much needed age into a very youthful squad.

Lol I see what youre doing here, -however id take pirlo in a shot. Our young players could learn an enormous amount from him.

I agree - decent shot stopper, although looks suspect at long range & in no way commands his box or comes for balls in the box. Also, 1 on 1 he seems to just simply fall to the ground without actually putting the player under pressure. He is a decent keeper, however I don't know why some think he's simply not allowed to be criticised.

Like I wrote earlier, contract up in 2016. Not sure what yourself or others think on this but Id say he would stay until then and once released Martinez would then go out and spend big on a first choice keeper or promote robles.

Wouldnt go for suarez and I think martinez has a better option lined up. I want a potentially WORLD CLASS u21 international or youngster signed up either permanently or better still with a clause allowing us to buy them.

Lukaku /Barry I think are almost done deals anyway - Deulofeu lets see.

Seriously?

I think he will be available, but only at 15 million.

Also, he'll have suitors at clubs in the champions league who have more money than us.

I think it's really unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.