Sportpesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would put us at 40 m a year
Level with Chelsea and below city and united
Fair market value and all that

In all fairness, if we are under £35 million we are selling under our value significantly. We have won the 4th most titles, and have the 2nd highest points, and most seasons in the top flight. Any analysis that would put us outside the top 6, would have to accept we were well below what a market test would indicate.

I don't think we go straight in at that level. But I think if we hit targets we go pretty quick.

I think this is perhaps a bit of a confused way to look at it. There are always new things to be sponsored. Someone had suggested different sponsors for home and away kit. What about the womens team, what if we were following calls wider calls to build equality in the game and became the first club to ensure both teams achieved equal sponsorships?

There might be some lounges that need sponsoring? Or the official match day or programme sponsorship etc.

There is plenty that can be sponsored.

Also sponsers can be reviewed.

Im convinced we will be sponsered at say £20 million a year for the shirt sponsorship but as soon as we qualify for EL it'll be reviewed to say £25 million then CL £30-35 Million etc etc

Definitely think something bigger is going on....

Racing Point unveils 2020 livery without Sportpesa

Racing Point has revealed its 2020 Formula 1 livery and announced a switch of title sponsor to BWT following the loss of last year’s partner Sportpesa.

The team will continue with a pink colour scheme, as used since BWT joined Racing Point’s predecessor Force India as a sponsor in 2017.

At a launch event in Austria on Monday, two days before pre-season testing, Racing Point unveiled the 2020 version of its livery on a 2019 show car.

The team will be formally entered as BWT Racing Point, the first time the Austrian company has had title sponsor status despite influencing the team’s colours for four seasons.

BWT’s shift to title sponsorship and a huge logo presence on the car coincides with the disappearance of Sportpesa, the gambling company that joined Racing Point last year.

There was no Sportpesa branding on the car at the unveiling, or anything related to the event itself.

Bit slow on this but I'm really proud of this one. I hope that we make a statement by somehow associating with a company which is seen as doing good. I know that's really hard, to find a company that has got 100% good ethics and good practice but it would be good to not encourage gambling - even if you take Sport Pesa off kids' kits and training gear, they're still seeing it every week. and adults find it hard as well to stop gambling.

In all fairness, if we are under £35 million we are selling under our value significantly. We have won the 4th most titles, and have the 2nd highest points, and most seasons in the top flight. Any analysis that would put us outside the top 6, would have to accept we were well below what a market test would indicate.

I don't think we go straight in at that level. But I think if we hit targets we go pretty quick.

It's true this actually - I know other people outside our club laugh when we talk about 2nd most points & 4th most successful, because everyone's collective memory only goes back to 1992, but its really worth selling now, and Ancelotti, Richarlison, new stadium and the PL 's own global growth mean we have to pitch higher

20m per season, for the 4th biggest team in England in terms of leagues won would be very modest, and if anything could be seen as too low.
True.

Sing along now... Only.

If, it's based on history. It's enough to make shirt sales soar....

Unfortunately, with kit bag still in operation never possible. Imo. Shame though it is.

Not gonna lie, I would be absolutely all over a kit with NEC on the front.

From what I've been told Angry Birds are apparently gone and TCL are the new sleeve sponsor.

Massive electronics company so would imagine would be a very pricey bit of money coming in

True.

Sing along now... Only.

If, it's based on history. It's enough to make shirt sales soar....

Unfortunately, with kit bag still in operation never possible. Imo. Shame though it is.

I'm not sure what you are saying though. For the "market test" not to be met, UEFA would have to argue (at best) the market is wrong, a company is wrong, it's shareholders are wrong, Everton's negotiating team are wrong and that the 4th most successful side in terms of leagues won, the 2nd in terms of points won, the top side in terms of seasons played etc are actually not entitled to a sponsorship in line with say the 5th/6th side. It doesn't take a genius to realise that won't stand from a legal standpoint.

That will be UEFA's biggest problem if they tried to act over us (which they won't). All the b/s and nonsense generated by sky sports and the modern media is discounted. We deal in facts. And Everton are strong in that position.

Disagree. I'm as passionate a blue as the next, but none of this "successful" from times gone should stand ground.

We're looking to bring in foreign investment, they don't care about history, they care about what is current, which for us is 25 years without a trophy. What we do have is huge potential, and with a new stadium getting closer to beginning, a very serious owner, and his potential underwriting partner, a World class manager, and the weakest prem in 20 years, there's a tapable market.

We'd be going from £9m to £35m? I don't think so. I hope you're right, but we've got to be expecting £25m max surely? Then it's devil's advocate... do we try get a long standing deal like the long standing "big hitters" do, or go short term, and hedge our bets on us cracking the monopoly and in 3-4 years building foundations and doubling a deal?

I agree with the fact of hitting targets and we'll grow, but none of it will be down to the fact we've won the 4th most league titles, especially seeing as two of them were won 100+ years ago, i'm a very proud blue, but even i can't believe a huge Chinese conglomerate is going to go "9 League titles? Go on, here's £50m".

Disagree. I'm as passionate a blue as the next, but none of this "successful" from times gone should stand ground.

We're looking to bring in foreign investment, they don't care about history, they care about what is current, which for us is 25 years without a trophy. What we do have is huge potential, and with a new stadium getting closer to beginning, a very serious owner, and his potential underwriting partner, a World class manager, and the weakest prem in 20 years, there's a tapable market.

We'd be going from £9m to £35m? I don't think so. I hope you're right, but we've got to be expecting £25m max surely? Then it's devil's advocate... do we try get a long standing deal like the long standing "big hitters" do, or go short term, and hedge our bets on us cracking the monopoly and in 3-4 years building foundations and doubling a deal?

I agree with the fact of hitting targets and we'll grow, but none of it will be down to the fact we've won the 4th most league titles, especially seeing as two of them were won 100+ years ago, i'm a very proud blue, but even i can't believe a huge Chinese conglomerate is going to go "9 League titles? Go on, here's £50m".

I'm not necessarily saying what I think is going to happen. I'm trying to give a theoretical example of how much legally we would be able to get through without incurring the wrath of UEFA.

There is significant growth for room. Forget the 25 years without a trophy, you will judge worth based upon the brands across it's entire time. Tottenham haven't won the FA Cup or league in that time either but have a sponsorship fa beyond ours. We've also won the league 4 times since they last won it (more than they've ever won it in fact). These are all facts that would stand up well legally. The court system doesn't really work on the basis of juvenile songs from nonces who keep track of when their neighbours win trophies and sing songs about it.

I agree, the next sponsorship won't be at that level, but it could be legally.

Status
Not open for further replies.