Spending cap at last

I’ve just read something via TNT sport that says around 5 times the TV revenue for lowest placed club.

Would be surprised if it was anything near £100m based on that.
Yes, more like 500 million (TV revenue x 5 is what i read).....and of course you can only spend what you have or someone will loan you. So it still favours the clubs that sell lots of shirts to third world fans. I expect there will still be a rule about it having to be sustainable to stop doping. 500mil is still alot of money.

I’m in favour of a hard cap. But it will be interesting to see how this plays out. If, for example, Bournemouth have the lowest revenue of £100m next year, and the multiples takes it to £500m spend.

Then the following season Coventry come up and their revenue is, for example, £50m and the multiples takes it to £250m

Massive extremes, granted; but will teams be expected to reduce overall spend by £250m in one year?? Is that even possible

I’m in favour of a hard cap. But it will be interesting to see how this plays out. If, for example, Bournemouth have the lowest revenue of £100m next year, and the multiples takes it to £500m spend.

Then the following season Coventry come up and their revenue is, for example, £50m and the multiples takes it to £250m

Massive extremes, granted; but will teams be expected to reduce overall spend by £250m in one year?? Is that even possible

It works off the TV revenue I think mate, so I think theres a guaranteed minimum the clubs make.

Can see a situation where the big boys try to renegotiate the tv deal so the lowest club gets a bigger portion now to pump the cap.

I think it’s based on tv revenue alone.

Think lowest club gets around £100m currently. Can’t see it going down any time soon.