Southall blasts Man United boss David Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del

Ric Wee fan club member 2014
In a terse broadside, Southall whipped up more ill-feeling among Evertonians towards Moyes after he targeted the duo just weeks after officially leaving Goodison Park to take over at Manchester United.

A £28m joint bid for Baines and Fellaini was rejected out of hand by Everton, who do not want to sell the players and insist they will rebuff any renewed interest with United considering a fresh £35m offer.

Southall – Everton’s leading appearance holder with 750 games – took Moyes to task and said: “The joint bid stinks.

“The way David Moyes has gone about it stinks. The entire world knows Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines are worth a lot more than the £28m offered and Moyes is disrespecting Everton.

“If you’ve got a good relationship with the club and you’re supposedly best mates with the chairman – and Moyes was always saying how they were when he was at the club – would you go back to your mate’s business and try to pinch them off him knowing that the business is skint? It’s really despicable behaviour towards Everton and disrespectful towards the fans.

“The stupid offer – and it is a stupid offer – isn’t entirely down to him, but he shouldn’t go in with an offer that seriously undervalues the players just to unsettle them. Doing it this way stinks. It wouldn’t have happened under (Sir Alex) Ferguson.

“There’s a real danger he will lose all his credibility with the Everton fans. He might think that in order for him to succeed he is entitled to go for players he knows and trusts, but he can still operate ethically. The manner in which it’s been done is rubbish.

“If Baines goes, our chairman will be lynched. It’s the equivalent of telling the Everton fans ‘stuff you, we’re not interested in what you think, we want the money’.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-David-Moyes-over-Baines-and-Fellaini-pursuit

Moyes isn't just alienating us Blues, he is making himself look a complete bell to the rest of the footballing world, and to be fair the papers haven't been slow in pointing that out. When he was with us he fought tooth and nail to keep hold of the club's best players, as he should as manager, and when it became inevitable to sell, he would generally screw a damn good price out of the buyers e.g. Lescott, Rooney, Arteta. All this bowlocks now about he would sell if he was at Everton and we are hurting their careers by not letting them leave......childish and pathetic.

Moyes personal behaviour in the past 7 days has been disgraceful.

Its a sign of his desperation. I for one wouldn't mind one jot if we sold Fellaini abroad for £1million less than anything he offers. Just to spite him for his comments

Before this gets merged, I'm just gonna say I'm naming my next dog Neville.

What a legend.

...Phil?

I remember a semi-final in the mid-80s, might've been in Sheffield where a few blues took a stray dog back home. It couldn't run so they called it Sheedy. Its right that he didn't run, but what a player.

...Phil?

I remember a semi-final in the mid-80s, might've been in Sheffield where a few blues took a stray dog back home. It couldn't run so they called it Sheedy. Its right that he didn't run, but what a player.

Haha, no chance mate. Although if it was named after Neville, it would have to be a Pointer! Boom boom!

Status
Not open for further replies.