Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
January has always been a sellers market.

How many Champions league quality players are available in January? A few at most.

How many of these are available without a massive mark-up? Even fewer.

Why spend 2 or 3 times the amount a player would cost on someone who's not Martinez first choice? And then potentially miss out in the summer when first choice targets are available?

After Traore, I'd personally like us to agree a deal for Barry and get a CM on loan, but if we don't fine:

If we have Mirallas, Deulofeu, McGeady and Naismith as cover for wide players that means at a push Pienaar can cover CM, as can Ossie and Barkley. Gibbo's back in April.

We have Lukaku, Traore (hopefully, but there'll be other targets if not), Naismith and Mirallas who can cover up front, with Kone returning in April too.

Things aren't as bad as they seem.

I don't think Kone is due back this season. Gibbo is ahead of schedule but I thought MArtinez said that Kone will not be back.

Report: Monaco to cancel Lacina Traore agreement with Everton

By Subhankar Mondal, Reporter
Filed: Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 06:58 UK
Last Updated: Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 07:33 UK

Monaco may not allow Lacina Traore to join Everton this month due to a serious knee injury suffered by Radamel Falcao, according to a report.

The Daily Star claims that Falcao's injury sustained during his side's Coupe de France tie against Monts D'or Azergues on Wednesday could stop coach Claudio Ranieri from allowing the 23-year-old to leave the Ligue 1 outfit for the Toffees.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...monaco-to-cancel-traore-agreement_132194.html

How reliable is this?

mate i read the first line and decided not to trust it:

Headline = Monaco to cancel
First Line = Monaco may not allow

see what i'm getting at.

I'm not too fussed about him saying Lacina Traore would be our last bit of business if we get him, he always makes comments like that just to divert attention.

I.e with Mcgeady etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.