Should we have built the new stadium? Poll

Should we be building the new stadium?

• Yes - It had to be done

• No - This was not the time

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be Moshiri stopping the cash flow due to Bill's ever increasing incompetence.
The stadium is the one thing that will stop us dying completely
I'm not sure I buy this tbh. If you look at how clubs make their money these days, not much of it actually comes from gate receipts. Indeed, our own figures suggest around 10% of our turnover is from matchday revenue, with broadcast revenue providing nearly 70%. Man City earned £35 million more in broadcast revenue than we did, and that's ignoring the revenue they earned by actually being good and getting into Europe regularly.

So for me, you're going to get a much better commercial return by investing the £750 million we're blowing on the stadium on the team and getting us into the CL spots on a regular basis. If we do that, then you can start spending money on vanity projects like a new stadium.

I'm not sure I buy this tbh. If you look at how clubs make their money these days, not much of it actually comes from gate receipts. Indeed, our own figures suggest around 10% of our turnover is from matchday revenue, with broadcast revenue providing nearly 70%. Man City earned £35 million more in broadcast revenue than we did, and that's ignoring the revenue they earned by actually being good and getting into Europe regularly.

So for me, you're going to get a much better commercial return by investing the £750 million we're blowing on the stadium on the team and getting us into the CL spots on a regular basis. If we do that, then you can start spending money on vanity projects like a new stadium.
Been saying exactly the same for years.

Semantics
Moshiri/Usmanov

It doesn’t make any sense that they’d choose to take hundreds of millions of pound worth of loans from external lenders because they think the chairman is a bumbling old buffoon. Moshiri owns 94% of the club. Furthermore if he thinks so little of Kenwright, why hasn’t he got rid of him?

It doesn’t make any sense that they’d choose to take hundreds of millions of pound worth of loans from external lenders because they think the chairman is a bumbling old buffoon. Moshiri owns 94% of the club. Furthermore if he thinks so little of Kenwright, why hasn’t he got rid of him?
£750 million question that isn't it.
Only Moshiri knows the answer to that

Yes it needs to happen.

The biggest issue is that from the start the club publicly announced how much it would cost. Which was a completely idiotic amount and was never ever feasibly possible.

As per the title?

Was building the stadium under Moshiri a good idea? You could say we had delayed enough and were only falling further behind at Goodison.

Or was it poorly timed without the concrete funding guarantee it required (Sanctions on Russian oligarchs had been talked about long before the Ukraine war).
BK had the King's Dock for the sake of 30 million back then outside interest - he declined plans drawn ready to build ... Thats when it went wrong ....

Status
Not open for further replies.