Should we consider 3-4-3 formation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lolJustice/moral police was here.

Of course the same formation won't work on all teams ar no...unless you are this season Chelsea.

He's named two different formations in his opening post and you still felt the need to snide him.

I think flexibility is key.
I'm not sure Chelsea will get away with playing it week in week out next season, although they are so classy they would beat most regardless of the system. I know they were getting beat early on but I'm not so sure it's the system, more a case of playing to your key players strengths. I think this is why Chelsea improved so much.
Personally I'd have a home team and an away team, I'd also have a plan A and B for both home and away.

It's just a shame when a non-native speaker isn't given the chance to start a new thread without support.

Even worse when another non-native speaker doesn't respect this and snides them. Very sad.

@Jarek Pardej can you give us a First XI for your suggested 3-4-3 ?

Omg looks like you have taken me off from your ignore list. I thought we are forced to add each other to the list so that we disappear from each other sight.

It's just a shame when a non-native speaker isn't given the chance to start a new thread without support.

Even worse when another non-native speaker doesn't respect this and snides them. Very sad.

@Jarek Pardej can you give us a First XI for your suggested 3-4-3 ?

DCL - Mori/new signing/Galloway
DC - New signing/Williams/Jagielka
DCR - Holgate/Williams/Jagielka

WBL - new signing/Baines
MC - Schneiderlin
MC - Gueye/Davies
WBR - new signing/Coleman when fit/Kenny

LF - Sandro/Mirallas
CF - Lukaku
RF- Gylfi/Barkley/Bolasie

VVD, Romagnoli, Bertrand and Trippier would be fantastic signings.

Last edited:
DCL - Mori/new signing/Galloway
DC - New signing/Williams/Jagielka
DCR - Holgate/Williams/Jagielka

WBL - new signing/Baines
MC - Schneiderlin
MC - Gueye/Davies
WBR - new signing/Coleman when fit/Kenny

LF - Sandro/Mirallas
CF - Lukaku
RF- Gylfi/Barkley/Bolasie

VVD, Romagnoli, Bertrand and Trippier would be fantastic signings.

Thanks for this mate, very interesting.

I think flexibility is key.
I'm not sure Chelsea will get away with playing it week in week out next season, although they are so classy they would beat most regardless of the system. I know they were getting beat early on but I'm not so sure it's the system, more a case of playing to your key players strengths. I think this is why Chelsea improved so much.
Personally I'd have a home team and an away team, I'd also have a plan A and B for both home and away.

You do realise these are footballers we are talking about
They have a problem following one set of instructions never mind 4

Yes, and Koeman will, on occasion, depending on the matchups. He only wants to win the match in front of him and he doesn't seem to care for any specific philosophy of tactics like Pep, Arsene, or Bobby Martinez.

I see no reason why not but we do need some additions to make it work. A thought that keeps entering my head is to use Besic as a wide CB. With him being a backup CM option at best, and the fact that he started his career at CB I think if we played 3 at the back he could fill one of the wider CB slots as he has decent pace. But like people have previously stated, I don't see 3-4-3 being our go to formation and is more likely to be used only when Koeman sees fit, as it has been this season.

I think 3-4-3 is best used when chasing a goal in a game with less than 15 min left. To start that way in our league would be very risky, most teams pack out the midfield and encourage full backs to get forward which could leave us over run at the back with the 2 in the middle rather than 3.

3-5-2 I think we will see more of as Koeman gets some better players in he can trust to play the formation.

Most formations aren't really set in stone these days anyway.

Playing 4-3-3 if your defensive midfielder drops back like they always seem to and the full-backs push up which they always seem to you're playing 3-4-3. We don't do this as we don't really have a proper defensive midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.