Should Hibbert be 2nd choice Right Back?

Should Hibbert be 2nd choice Right Back?

• YES

Votes: 27 12.7%
  • NO

Votes: 165 77.8%
  • Cheese on Toast will sort it out

Votes: 20 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So where have all the TH fans disappeared to after today.
Said it yesterday, and will say it again today.
Stole a living from our football club for 14 years.
But who cares he is Blue through and through.
It shows how far our football club has sunk, when fans think this waster is any good

Enquiring minds have to know mate - did you actually have a torch and pitchfork with you when you wrote that? Waving them about over your head and that? Shouting about "Hibbo Out!" and all?

I actually think he's forgotten how to play football. Yesterday at times he looked like the kid we all had in our team who thought that the aim of the game was to run after the ball non stop, rather than showing a bit of tactical discipline. He was getting dragged out of position so often and he doesn't have anywhere near the pace to make up for it like someone such as Stones when they get caught out.

My take is that if he wasn't a local , he would have been shown the boot a long time ago. I've never been a fan to tell you the truth but from an attitude perspective , hes kept around for the youngsters.

My take is that if he wasn't a local , he would have been shown the boot a long time ago. I've never been a fan to tell you the truth but from an attitude perspective , hes kept around for the youngsters.

saw hibbo talking to besic while that goalkeeper was injured seems to have work, seems like he was giving good advice

having now seen Hibbert play, I would change my vote to no. My 'yes' vote was predicated on his being as good as all the plaudits he received here on GOT suggested he was...
...he isn't

So more than 3/4 of posters think Hibbert should not be in the side.

It was always gonna be obvious. Ideally Hibbert's only used as a last resort or in low-quality EL games.

I'll think of a more potentially divisive poll. One where we might not all agree.

@deipnosophist he was never a world class or even a great player. He is and always has been a decent player who was a good defender but with awful attacking prowess. The cult hero status comes in part from having played so often for everton and not scoring and from his died in the wool role as an Evertonian living the dream to play for the club, getting there through hard graft rather than perhaps natural talent.
Coleman offers far more than him, however for me he'll be alright in Europe and in the cups against some of the weaker teams to give Coleman the rest he will need for the 60 game season we'll have. Would probably prefer Stones as back up in the league however, just because of how much Hibbo limits our right attacking side

Tony has always been a good defensive player but I think he,s best days are behind him now and would prefer Tyias

Browning ,he is younger ,fitter , faster and better than Tony and will fit in with Martinez ,s game plan for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.