Should he stay or should he go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep of course

He's another option that can at times produce abit of magic.

I agree he frustrates but so does Ross both will learn this over time. If we get him for another year you'd see a continued improvement in the lad. I understand what you are saying about bringing our own through but what if our own aren't good enough? He was sensational at Newcastle

Stay because it's a loan and he can only improve. But he's incredibly frustrating, and he barely looked capable of beating a man last night.

not quite correct, he must have put in 5,6,7,8 'hard and lows' into the box that, for the most part, nobody even attempted to get anywhere near...

Memo to Lukaku and others; you know what he's going to do, back yourselves to get on the end of it.

For 50+K per 'kin week it won't kill you to get a few bruises along with a goal would it

But loaning in raw teenagers will not help us progress any further than we currently are in all honesty. You want your own youngster not someone else's doing that.

Personally i have not seen enough from him this season to warrant keeping him. If he improves a hell of a lot for next year then yeah sign him back if that is an option. I just don't want to use other youth players as an option when we could be developing our own.

But you have to admit even though he is raw he still has shown tremendous potential for Spains U21's. If he is better than what we have or someone who be useful to the squad then its a no brainer really. If you cannot see his potential this season (frustrating though) then your aims of a player are much higher than mine. Barca realise his potential hence the loan to us. Have we any youngsters at the club in his position who can do better than him or has the potential of him?

Stay.

I like him, he's talented and useful for us, all players have their bad moments, more often for the younger lads. The mistakes will ease with maturity. If we have young players who have the potential/skill that he has then yes developing them would make more sense, but if not, why not want him?

Better as a sub these days. Next season might be worth a regular start!

He's changed games and scored important goals. He's well worth keeping. We'd be fools to lose a player who changes games.

My biggest issue with him is one I have with Baines sometimes is they don't look where there passing in the final third they just put balls into where they think players should be. It doesn't matter if you put a world class ball in the box if there's no one there to get on the end of it.
the amount of times he whips it across the 6 yard box and lukaku is pulling away looking for the cut back is painful. it must have happened about 1000 times this season, dont they have words about it in training ffs? anybody saying they would send him back next season are mad though

Stay obviously. He's a mega talent waiting to happen, and if he gets a pre-season here and adjusts further to the English game, and gets a lot of work on his mentality when making decisions, then he's a very dangerous player.

At the moment, he's nowhere near that level, but he easily could be.

i think comparing him to how successful/cost of/experience of jesus navas is quite interesting...

Definately worth keeping, I can't believe anyone would think otherwise, it genuinely amazes me, he gives us options and impact from the bench, that would be sorely missing in his absence

Definately worth keeping, I can't believe anyone would think otherwise, it genuinely amazes me, he gives us options and impact from the bench, that would be sorely missing in his absence

Wouldn't go that far mate. Don't get me wrong, think he could come good and he's occasionally been useful, but to seriously miss someone then you'd have to believe he'd been an integral part of our success this season. He simply hasn't.

I'd say we'd somewhat miss him, but more to the point I think we'd be missing a potentially very good asset next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.