shane duffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get rid of an unproven kid, who he obviously doesnt rate, or keep one of the most experienced defenders the Premier league has ever seen? hmmmmm

Tramps, time is not on Distin's side or the club's. Duffy is young and for me with Stones, and Browning was the future part of the back four.

We are down to Jags, Distin, Alcaraz, Stones and Browning. So how do you think our back four should be shaping up this season.

Tramps, time is not on Distin's side or the club's. Duffy is young and for me with Stones, and Browning was the future part of the back four.

We are down to Jags, Distin, Alcaraz, Stones and Browning. So how do you think our back four should be shaping up this season.
But, I wouldnt keep someone because hes young if hes not good enough..

We will bring a CB in today...

Duffy's farewell words
Posted at 13:44
Shane Duffy, who joined Blackburn from Everton earlier today, had some kind words for his former fans.
"Very excited about the new challenge in my career and I can't wait to get going," he said. "Sad about leaving Everton but can't thank everyone at the club for what they have done for me from the first day I got there.
"The fans have been amazing and I will always follow Everton. I would like to wish everyone at the club every success and hope everything goes well."

Good luck Duffy lad

..seems a good lad, saying all the right things about Everton when he could be bitter. Footy can be a tough business, but he's been well paid whilst here and the Manager thinks its the right time to move him on. Hope he does well for Rovers and will watch his performance with interest.

But, I wouldnt keep someone because hes young if hes not good enough..

We will bring a CB in today...

This from the Times (who tend not print anything unless it's virtually engraved in concrete):

James Masters (@Masters_JamesD): Ignore Shawcross to #efc talk...Martinez told me he has no intention of bringing in defensive reinforcements. #scfc

The only thing I can think of is that he might be trying to put out a smokescreen to potential gazumper clubs (barcodes, spuds etc.) who might disrupt efforts to make a shrewd last minute signing (Alderweireld...pretty, pretty please). However, this is all a pipe dream and my more realistic take on this tweet is that Bobby's essentially saying our transfer business was done for the year with the signing of Eto'o.

Some very naïve posts in here. He's had all summer to impress enough and hasn't done it. He's a good lad and he's got a few bits to his game we could use but he's not good enough. Best of luck to him and his arl fella who's sound.
when He came on in the friendlies he looked good and we kept a blank sheet!

when He came on in the friendlies he looked good and we kept a blank sheet!

Some people have just made their minds up about him mate

Now he's been sold, I expect revisionist history from those people will be in full effect

I hope Duffy does amazing at Blackburn and those people realise that we've made a mistake not sticking with him

They'll probably find a way to wave that off though

Status
Not open for further replies.