Votes: 9 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One game at a time.

People on here never learn!!!

You're all cursing us here.

ONE. GAME. AT. A. TIME.

Curses only have power in fairy tales and people "never learn" because there's nothing to be learned. The team needs to take it one game at a time so they stay focused on the task at hand. We, on the other hand, can do whatever we want, because it doesn't affect anything either way.

On paper we should win them all. Too bad we don't play on paper I suppose!!

Short of red cards/multiple penalties for holding or a bout of gastroenteritis at FF I expect us to stay unbeaten until the city game in mid October. I'm usually ultra cautious on these things but honestly we have the players to beat any of the teams coming up over the next month or so.

If Rom brings his shooting boots we should start tonking a few teams while we are at it.

...And if we look up the word tonking in the urban dictionary what do we find:

tonking
(taun'kin)
n.

1. to beat an opponent clinically
Everton FC gave Sunderland a facking tonking this weekend.
#beating #thrashing #whomping #rollicking#thumping

Oh yes it's on....

You should of stopped in the first paragraph. But like Zatara you just had to go on and on and on.

'On paper we should win them all. Too bad we don't play on paper I suppose!!'

Curses only have power in fairy tales and people "never learn" because there's nothing to be learned. The team needs to take it one game at a time so they stay focused on the task at hand. We, on the other hand, can do whatever we want, because it doesn't affect anything either way.

It does. It creates false expectations.

Zatara doing it deliberately as well. As he wants Koeman sacked.

You're all cursing us here.

Flash back to last season, when we had copious threads on the same stuff.

We have the potential to win 12/12, but one game at a time and Sunderland will be a A VERY hard game.

Moyes drills his teams well and truly hard. Also, the Kone factor comes into it.

If we sign him, it gives them a reason to beat us... If we don't, it gives their fans a reason to be confident and Kone a point to prove.

3 points in 2 weeks time would be huge.

I blame Zatara. And Chicoazul.

They are a curse on Everton. Both of them.

17 points. That's including the 5 we get off Norwich in the cup. Away goals count treble or summat right? We SHOULD win our next four league games. Will we? Well who the hell knows. That's why it's fun/pain.

Should in theory win all four, Shane footy isn't done on paper though otherwise it'd be easy wouldn't it.

Sensible head, should win both home games, expecting us to win both a ways and go 3 for 3 on away wins at the start of a season is a lot though, basically that's the form you expect from a genuine title challenging team, which we aren't right now.

8-10 would be a great start 12 would start "can we win the league" threads appearing which would be very RAWK.

Sunderland game scares me.
Moyes and possibly Kone and Hart screams clean sheet to me.

But this looks like a new Everton.

Lot depends how teams set up against us, still think atm the system suits counterattacking, but Sunderland on a Monday night will be a cracking game, 2 wins outta 2 so far against moyes teams isn't it?

It does. It creates false expectations.

Zatara doing it deliberately as well. As he wants Koeman sacked.

My first reaction here is to say that these kind of guess-our-record-after-X-games posts are made on every message board ever, and they do not create expectations, but instead illustrate the sort of expectations that fans have at that time.

But on reading the second part, I think maybe I am being trolled? Is it really your position that this thread is part of Zatara's plan to hurt the fan's attitude towards Koeman? Or is that a part of some running joke on the forum that I haven't been around long enough to get?

You should of stopped in the first paragraph. But like Zatara you just had to go on and on and on.

'On paper we should win them all. Too bad we don't play on paper I suppose!!'

Thanks for your insightful comments. I'm sure fans up and down the country are all jinxing their team right at the moment saying they might win a few games on the spin.

Or could it be we are just evaluating what is rare set of circumstances that a fixture list produces a sequence of games that are winnable for a club like ours?

If it all goes pete tong then so what? We learn about any frailties and move on. I'm not going to be calling for his head if we lose all four, bad luck/dodgy decisions/a dog has its day can always happen but I think we can win all four.

One game at a time is for the players and managers to spiel, fans dare to dream all the time. It would be a pretty quiet forum if we only dealt with facts and current affairs. You can kick my ass at the end of September if I'm wrong and we've bombed. ;)

I know, but the superstitious side gets the better of me when a thread like this crops up.

It happens too many times ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.