2023/24 Sean Dyche

I can’t see that anyone wants us to continue playing long ball exclusively, there have been sporadic incidents of football too.

It is a bit harsh to be overly critical of Dyche with all the hoo-ha this season, he has now got us out of the deep and dirty stuff last season, improved our points haul this season and allowed us all a comparatively sedate end of season.

I would prefer better football, but not all tikka-takka either, a balance would be nicer.

But I will take results over anything. His report would read something like I had in one of my school reports: Rather erratic, could do well.

Ppg is the only stat that matters

Dyche’s ppg last season 1.16
Dyche’s ppg this season 1.264 (worst case assuming loss to Arsenal)

Both ppg totals over the course of a season ensure safety away from relegation with over 40 points. The trend is also improving even though our net spend is decreasing. All of this with one of the worst squads in our PL history with the spectre of points deductions and takeovers looming over the team.

There is a comfort in knowing that in a period where our squad is not very good, we could incur more points deductions, and we’ll likely sell some good players and replace with loans, we’ve got a manager with a very good chance to steer us into mid table. Quite frankly until the club sorts itself out off the pitch it’s the best we can reasonably hope for.

Next season the first 10 games he gets a pass

Because gonna be ugly
A whole season? jeez you're generous
I'm not, well not that much.
if he puts a 14 game shiz show together from game one - He's gone!
Nobody survives that*

But this  is Everton, the new model, the Moshiri, 777, MSP who knows, flirting with bankruptcy and / or administration Everton
So maybe never say never

Edit; iirc, Moyes had a couple of P10, pts 3* starts to seasons
(*actual figures may vary, but you get the point)

Dyche just likes his wingers to do both jobs. McNeil and Harrison have stamina to do it and for a large period pressed from the front. Would be disingenuous to say that both don't offer going forward - their stats would be up if it wasn't for poor finishing.

Gnonto is young enough to still develop so I wouldn't have dismissed him from getting on board with it.

The days of the lazy attacker are long gone.

Gnoto does not look like a dyche player and it would have been another massive signing fee for a player that cost 3m the year before and has played a limited amount of prem games.

Also players that like to work hard and have that kind of attitude do t usually go on strike at their club

Just saw this on Facebook. Says it all really. How many times did we lose ‘must win’ games the last two seasons or throw away ‘easy wins’ when fighting for European places before? Dyche knows how to beat teams that we’re better than… imagine if we gave him a better squad…

Everton points gained V the bottom 5 teams over the past seven seasons:

23/24: 23
22/23: 13
21/22: 14
20/21: 17
19/20: 14
18/19: 19
17/18: 19
16/17: 20

Another fundamental change Dyche has implemented on this team

….3 players in or around the 6 yard box when DCL crossed the ball for Doucoure to score. So a break from half-way that resulted in 4 players hitting the opposition box and us scoring a goal.

Either the ‘Dyche Hoofball’ and ‘DCL is isolated’ posters don’t notice or perhaps it doesn’t suit their agenda.
I think some it’s an agenda, but I think for the majority it’s just footballing nouse

….3 players in or around the 6 yard box when DCL crossed the ball for Doucoure to score. So a break from half-way that resulted in 4 players hitting the opposition box and us scoring a goal.

Either the ‘Dyche Hoofball’ and ‘DCL is isolated’ posters don’t notice or perhaps it doesn’t suit their agenda.
Utterly mental that you pick 1 30second spell in 1 game to try and prove a point over a 38 game season.

Then talk about agenda.

isoloslsolo.jpg