2023/24 Sean Dyche

Ipswich will struggle next year and it seems Leicester are likely to be hit with a point deduction that could be bigger than ours given how they tried to mess the EFL and PL around. Remains to be seen who comes up from the play offs.
I hope either Norwich or West Brom just because I don't think they will be good enough Leicester are good enough to stay up I think. Ipswich I think might surprise a few whether good enough over the whole season I'm not sure

I hope either Norwich or West Brom just because I don't think they will be good enough Leicester are good enough to stay up I think. Ipswich I think might surprise a few whether good enough over the whole season I'm not sure
Ipswich will be playing pretty much their side that was in league 1, 20 months ago… it’s quite a stretch. I think they will have a serious wake up call.
Ipswich Managers been excellent, and if he keeps them up next year that will be an extraordinary start to his managerial career and will put him on high alert for bigger clubs.

We've needed him and will continue to need him for the foreseeable future. He gives us stability on the playing side. I just hope the bedwetters keep it to a minimum next season.

It will be our last at Goodison and we don't want a relegation battle. Bringing in a new manager until we are in BMD and stable off the pitch should be off the table.

…it’s standard when you’re docked 8 points, have rudderless ownership, no Board and governance.

It’s impossible to separate off-field chaos with on-field performance & I’m not sure a top-flight manager has ever had such turmoil to deal with.
Of course. That plays a factor into why it went on for so long but my wider point is that winless runs are normal for mid-table sides. Your season is defined by two or three months of good results mostly.

Last season his 18 games he averaged 1.19 points per game. This season in 36 including the 8 points deduction he’s averaging 1.25 points per game. Is that a massive improvement? Considering he’s got a better squad and his go to 14/15 players have all played or been available for at least 30 of them games
Nice to see you’ve had a reality check.
You’ve gone from massive improvements to small improvements, when I gave you the facts. 👍 life is about learning, keep up the good work
Including the PPG with deduction of 15% of our total points is unfair and aimed at improving your point.

Also stating our improvement is minimal as a reason to back your point ignores the fact this seasons bottom 4 clubs average PPG has gone down significantly and the relegation figure is at one of it's lowest in the premier league era.

And therefore the gap between us has grown even further than you suggest as even the same ppg as last season would represent a positive for Everton.

If we needed 40 points to survive you may have had a point but the best Luton can achieve is 29

Not even gonna mention the 4 WHOLE CALENDAR MONTHS WHEN WE DIDNT WIN A LEAGUE GAME, it would be pretty petty at this point and im above that.

48 points, 13 wins is a very welcome return.

I said I thought the squad was good enough for 12th and oh look, without a points deduction we currently sit around 12th, maybe the players arent as bad as you all thought hey?? Oh thats right, Dyche is a miracle worker!!!!

Anyway, this is meant to be a positive post.

I dismissed it at the time, but the points deduction, the ongoing takeover saga, it must have taken its toll, on the players, on the manager, but they all did the hard yards, ignored the noise and pushed all the way, even today, with nothing on the line, we played some really nice football the first half today.

Hes been lucky, lucky that Tarks, Branners and Pickford stayed injury free and mostly avoided suspension, thats not a negative, but its a fact, WE were lucky, cos without those 3, well, great. But he coached them to be the immovable force they are, with little Gana and a cast of others putting in the work.

I know the season isnt over, im not suddenly a Dychette, not really a fan still, but I am willing to say well done Gaffer, you went above and beyond and I did lose the faith during that spell we arent talking about, but a season is 38 games long and over that period, with a nothing game to go, you have more than earned yourself a crack at next season.

Big up to the 4 players I mentioned, those 4 were vital to us remaining in the league and of course others like DCL and Doucs who chipped in with some very vital goals.

He's better and younger than Harrison.

Agreed …. But Harrison isn’t 30m…. ( I don’t rate Harrison btw and don’t want him back)

But if we did sign gnoto… he would have been sitting on the bench all season… dyche wants his wingers to operate as full backs … just further up the pitch slightly

We would be 10th now if it wasn't for the points deduction.

I will forever be grateful for the way in which our current manager has improved our team and the incredibly effort that our players have given to save our club.

We are so much better than we were under Frank, despite having sold so much quality over the last year or so.

An encouraging season.

"You lost the league at Goodison Park."

We would be 10th now if it wasn't for the points deduction.

I will forever be grateful for the way in which our current manager has improved our team and the incredibly effort that our players have given to save our club.

We are so much better than we were under Frank, despite having sold so much quality over the last year or so.

An encouraging season.

"You lost the league at Goodison Park."
12th

Excellent job from Dyche in my opinion. Right manager right time. If we can get through this takeover mess in the summer, bite the bullet on what will probably be a horrendous transfer window and any further PSR complications next season, and stay in the league as a mid table team moving into Bramley Moore stadium then it will have been a job that potentially saved the future of the club in one of its most perilous moments.

Where are the home form and the not won in months warriors now?

Do you see how irrelevant arbitrary measurements are? It's a season's work as Dyche said from day 1 and judging him on that, he's done a great job. He's not just "done his job" because this season posed very unique challenges and many would have capitulated under the pressure.

Well done SD 👏👏👏