2023/24 Sean Dyche

I can’t believe people want Dyche out.
No budget to buy players, indeed we will probably have to sell some.
who do they actually think would come to manage us at this point in time?

Maybe they want the FSW back

When you step back and analyse everything through this season he's been the calming figure at the club.
Nobody running the club. He's held it together.
I wouldnt have the nerve now to be calling for him to leave.

Yeah I cant take to him, but I think its defo a me problem.

Im honestly made up with the Derby win and the 3 wins last week, superb stuff.

As ive said, im also ok with him staying on and maybe seeing out his contract and if things are going ok in December, then sure, I wouldnt be against extending it.

But doing it now would be stupid, unless he wants to take a massive pay cut!
It's deffo not just a you problem, there's loads of us who can't stand him. I wish he wouldn't do press conferences when we're doing well because he opens his mouth and ruins any good feelings about him!

Whats he up too here?

1000087012.jpg

I think if he left at the end of the season I’d feel very anxious about being relegated in our last season at Goodison.

Fortunately I’m looking forward to next season and seeing what he can build on this years remarkable return. COYB

If he goes at the end of the season we’d be one of the favourites for relegation next season. If there’s a points deduction then even more so.

All of the old problems that were there under Lampard could easily return: incompetent set pieces at both ends, players injured all the time, players not wanting to work or wanting the manager out. Dyche has solved a lot of those issues.

If we get a generational manager and we improve then great, but the more likely scenario given the quality of the squad is we get a manager who just reopens all those old issues and we’re again talking about relegation.

With Moyes leaving West Ham he seems the best candidate. That said, Dyche has done a decent job in difficult circumstances. I just can’t see him suddenly learning the ability to coach a decent football side whereas Moyes has a higher ceiling and can build a good team on 20 quid and a few crisp packets.

Im generally ok with him being here for now, he’s got us fairly well organised and I’m confident he’ll keep us away from danger.

I have major doubts whether he can take us much further than that however . His none use of subs really concerns me, a few players looked knackered today after chasing around for much of the game and he didn’t make a change. He’s been the same in several games but it hasn’t cost us until today. I fear we’ll continue to throw points away if he continues with this approach.

Generally though I think he’s doing ok

This was my thoughts after Brighton at home. Pre points deduction for what that’s worth.

But I still stand by the above. He’s good for us right now, a safe pair of hands but can he take us forward eg. Challenging for Europe ? I still say no, I think he’s limited, but we need to get to the new ground as PL club and I think he’ll do that. I think he’s done a good job this season against major adversity off the pitch and also I think he’s conducted himself well against that adversity.

Id say he gets my respect for the job he’s done but he won’t be arsed what some pleb on GOT call DuncansPigeonLoft thinks about him 😂. Needs to up his trackie game though, the ‘neverley knockers’ and ‘Spekie blinders’ wouldn’t entertain his ‘attire’

As others have said Dyche has done a reasonable job In trying circumstances, but is he a manager to take us forward to play better? Against your average teams your Brentford Crystal Palace Fulham Bournemouth etc I can't see us dominating teams like that with Dyche at the helm it will be backs to the wall and trying to nick one.

It will be a shame watching this type of football the last season at Goodison and going into BMD, as it is painful on the eyes.

Hopefully we will hear something from the takeover and a new buyer has been found to take us forward, have a vision and more forward thinking from the club as a whole

As others have said Dyche has done a reasonable job In trying circumstances, but is he a manager to take us forward to play better? Against your average teams your Brentford Crystal Palace Fulham Bournemouth etc I can't see us dominating teams like that with Dyche at the helm it will be backs to the wall and trying to nick one.

It will be a shame watching this type of football the last season at Goodison and going into BMD, as it is painful on the eyes.

Hopefully we will hear something from the takeover and a new buyer has been found to take us forward, have a vision and more forward thinking from the club as a whole

Dyche has played Brentford three times and won all three

In 4 games v Palace this season we’re unbeaten winning 2 of them. We also drew with them last season, so it’s 5 unbeaten.

We’ve beaten Bournemouth in 2 of the 3 games we’ve played, and battered them 3-0 earlier this season.

Fulham have caused us a few issues admittedly but we should have beaten them easily at home this season and they’re a decent team.

Do fans really expect us to be ‘dominating’ mid table pl teams home and away? That’s extremely unlikely to happen, and whilst that might be a good aspiration, if it did occur we’d have a squad that was challenging for the league title if it was that good. If we give Dyche players of that calibre then fine but until that points it’s extremely unlikely any manager will deliver that.

I wonder if those who want SD out, were against his appointment in the first place? If we were told that we would have won 45 points with two games to go, DCL be fitter than he has for a couple of years, JB be such a success, wouldn't we have been happy with that? Or is it simply the style of football is so bad, despite any perceived positives? This isn't an argumentative post, purely curious.