2023/24 Sean Dyche

Dont think it's player motivation or "fighting for the shirt across a season"

I think it's just this team aren't very good.

The team in the bottom 3 for goals scored/chances created for 3 seasons, still struggle to score goals.

We've improved massively at the back, and IMO, it's blood from a stone stuff - add some pace/ability to this final third and only then, will we start to move away from relegation scrap.
There is an element of it though. Against Liverpool, 3 or 4 of them dived in to block a shot. The fight was there. Previously, I've seen them dangle a foot out and hardly get involved. It's a huge factor, it raises the atmosphere, it has the other players then raising their game too.

God I feel so happy and relaxed!! I genuinely feel like celebrating every day.

I've not seen so much fight from an Everton team in many a year.
Mykolenko exemplified that. The lad was in agony early on against the RS and yet he somehow continued until the end, fighting for every ball.

The players now really realise how much this club means to us fans, even players that have not been here for very long.

We shall not be moved.

I was one of those who foolishly doubted whether Dyche had the ability to keep us up, especially in light of losing quality players such as Richarlison and Gordon and Iwobi. Then the record breaking points deduction...

But he did... and he ended the reds' title challenge in the process. He might not be a Kendall or a Catterick, but he will go down in Everton folklore.

Tell me that you agree that Dyche has done an outstanding job at Everton under unprecedented conditions. Otherwise we can agree to disagree. 😉
No he hasn’t done an outstanding job, any competent manager With that squad and the majority of his best 11 being available all season, should be finishing 16th to 12th, anyway this was about your delusion regarding Dyche’s spending at Burnley after finishing 7th trying to make out they pulled the rug from underneath him and that’s why he got relegated and sacked a few years later

1714402747595.png

No he hasn’t done an outstanding job, any competent manager With that squad and the majority of his best 11 being available all season, should be finishing 16th to 12th, anyway this was about your delusion regarding Dyche’s spending at Burnley after finishing 7th trying to make out they pulled the rug from underneath him and that’s why he got relegated and sacked a few years later
They definitely pulled the rug from him IMO. Expectations for Burnley then and probably now are for them to survive each season. Finishing 7th was always a massive over achievemnent and not sustainable with the amount the club were spending and level of playing staff.
His final season in my view he had a fall out with the board over player sales or something else and that was that. He had a very food innings and i reckon one of Burnleys more succesful period's.
The fact you rate him poorly because they eventually sank back to their proper level is very strange.

I saw this quote from Dyche : “

Sean Dyche: “The reason why it's my best season as a manager is because you don't even know the half of it. Some of it is private, some of it is best kept away “. Dyche and Thelwell have been the two directing the whole footballing strategy of our club lately, No owner , No Chairman , no CEO , no Board able to give input on footballing direction. Although given the interference previously that may have been a good thing at times .

Personally I'm always impressed by his instant responses to questions in post-match interviews.

He's like: "Look, clearly my brain hasn't had time to fully comprehend your question yet, but I'm going to use these first few seconds of preamble to let my subconscious come up with something that seems broadly appropriate and then as I go along I'll find a way to steer it round into being a reasonable point about whatever it was you originally asked. Thank you."

If someone told me in August that we would have eight points deducted and comfortably stay up I would have called the men in white coats. I think people are underestimating the affect those deductions had on the squad, manager and coaching staff. To overcome that is very creditable, and I don’t care how crap the teams at the foot of the table are, it is still a great achievement. Dyche deserves credit and to continue in his position.

If someone told me in August that we would have eight points deducted and comfortably stay up I would have called the men in white coats. I think people are underestimating the affect those deductions had on the squad, manager and coaching staff. To overcome that is very creditable, and I don’t care how crap the teams at the foot of the table are, it is still a great achievement. Dyche deserves credit and to continue in his position.
Pretty much. It's a confidence sport and confidence must have been at rock bottom quite a few times throughout the season.

Had the misfortune to listen to the blue room podcast this morning the absolute garbage spouted on that about dyche was monumental, no mention of dyche carrying this club on his shoulders for the past 16 months , no mention of two points deductions having an impact on form, just some miserable guy who’s name escapes me moaning we aren’t playing like Barca 2009, dyche deserves enormous praise for what he’s done for this club ,also yet another podcast that darent go after those on the board that have done everything they can to destroy this club,

TTB without a doubt the best podcast out there