2023/24 Sean Dyche

Yes, you should start remembering past 2 days ago like.

Then again I saw we're excusing the 4 months of no wins and no goals as we won 2 games so what else did I expect?

Why? We’ve won as many as Brighton over the season, people have been saying all year “look at Brighton”, you need to remember the whole season and not just one block of games, we’ve earned 33 points from wins (so far).

Stand by every word, people know they watch games.

People have gone to town on the 15 game winless run, we drew 6 of those games (almost half) including Vs Spurs, Villa, Brighton and Newcastle. We were beaten by City twice, Spurs and Utd - no shame there, Quality and Resources vs Quality and Resources. A horrible run of fixtures collectively in a block and drew half of them.

Wolves bet us when we had an injury ravaged squad at the end of a fixture congested Xmas period with our paper thin jaded squad stretched. WHU people will remember we battered them and got sucker punched at the end and Bourmouth was a brain fart by Coleman.

There is loads of context to that "15 game run".

Regarding your last point, yes if we want to stay in the prem and bottom 6 for the next 5 years while playing dog and duck football. Then keep dyche and some Everton fans will be happy with that, but I don’t want that and I want to see a plan moving forward with an exciting team, that’s not happening with dyche
If you believe Dyche is currently the biggest barrier to Everton being an exciting team challenging the upper echelons of the Premier League then you need to dig a bit deeper into the absolute mess that is Everton Football Club.

When I started supporting in '93, expectations were better. These forums now read like 3 decades of crap has lowered them unfortunately.
The early 90's were coming off the back of the most (or one of the most) succesful periods in the clubs history with the achievements of that period still fresh in the memory and with the club still one of the bona-fide elite of English football, albeit a quickly fading status.

Of course those (woefully unfulfilled) expectations were higher. And given the attendances that season I don't think you can point to it as a highlight of Evertonian enlightenment and support.

When I started supporting in '93, expectations were better. These forums now read like 3 decades of crap has lowered them unfortunately.

1714160551996.jpeg

Very possibly, but not definitely.

I don't think there's a demonstrable overall preference for players well past 30 in his past transfer record. The odd stop-gap here and there which is to be expected on a very tight budget or when players are sold with little time to replace but not a consistent pattern.
Very definitely, in fact.

His track record is of "EXPERIENCED" players - he brought in Young to be an experienecd and cool head, played him at left back, he was atrocious, he's played everywhere except as a striker or CB since and had literally 2 good games.
Why you should remember for more than literally last game and look at the season as 38 games, not the last 2?

We didn't win a game for 4 months. There is no way we should be ignoring and forgetting that like we are because we beat the RS.
Young didn't start the last game.
Yeah, he didn't - he still did the previous 5 or so as well as having to be shoehorned in in various positions, especially when chasing a result and we need someone to run at them, instead of anyone younger or who can actually run.

Very definitely, in fact.

His track record is of "EXPERIENCED" players - he brought in Young to be an experienecd and cool head, played him at left back, he was atrocious, he's played everywhere except as a striker or CB since and had literally 2 good games.

Why you should remember for more than literally last game and look at the season as 38 games, not the last 2?

We didn't win a game for 4 months. There is no way we should be ignoring and forgetting that like we are because we beat the RS.

Yeah, he didn't - he still did the previous 5 or so as well as having to be shoehorned in in various positions, especially when chasing a result and we need someone to run at them, instead of anyone younger or who can actually run.

You’re reaching and just repeating mate, sad to see. ;)

If you believe Dyche is currently the biggest barrier to Everton being an exciting team challenging the upper echelons of the Premier League then you need to dig a bit deeper into the absolute mess that is Everton Football Club.
And it’s also great argument for keeping dyche. It’s like keep dyche bingo
He’s not the problem
We can’t afford to sack him
Who would come to Everton
We’re a mess he’s the best we can get

And it’s also great argument for keeping dyche. It’s like keep dyche bingo
He’s not the problem
We can’t afford to sack him
Who would come to Everton
We’re a mess he’s the best we can get
I think we should sound out his tracksuit's agent lol
knowing us we'd offer it 9mil per year