2023/24 Sean Dyche

Assuming 1 happens, for me if he gets us stable and in to the top half in that time, he'll deserve a few windows were he can actually spend.

Interestingly though, in his post match interview after Bournemouth last season, he explicitly said let's get things stable and competitive and then bring a "fashionista" in. Was surprised to hear a manager speak about his own demise.
But what if next year we finish at a very stable 15th, maybe even without worrying for relegation for the last 3 games, what defines stable in a Sean Dyche world?

Aren’t we sort of still trying to get over the days we give managers money in the market? It’s how we ended up with a load of number 10’s or signing Allan for £30m or signing players off of YouTube (Martinez)
Yeah, but still, now we have comically little money so there is very little wiggle room for us.

Ideally, we'll be a bit more liquid in a couple of years but even then I would hope the policy is still buy low, buy potential, smart free signings and loans.

But what if next year we finish at a very stable 15th, maybe even without worrying for relegation for the last 3 games, what defines stable in a Sean Dyche world?

My parameters were very clear. Stability is what we need but with no signs of progression we'd have to look elsewhere.

Maybe there would be caveats if the club was still being ran like a circus and we'd faced more points deductions but in a normal season, going from 17th to 15th isn't a great sign of progress.

Would this have been instead of ancelotti?

Assume so yeah. Appointing Ancelotti was pointless anyway seeing as we let him have a stupid clause in his contract where he could walk away whenever he felt like it, an opportunity which he duly took, before then trying to sue the club for reasons. It was a stupid appointment in hindsight with everything we now know about how the club was ran and the ins and outs of his contract.

Assume so yeah. Appointing Ancelotti was pointless anyway seeing as we let him have a stupid clause in his contract where he could walk away whenever he felt like it, an opportunity which he duly took, before then trying to sue the club for reasons. It was a stupid appointment in hindsight with everything we now know about how the club was ran and the ins and outs of his contract.
It was exciting at the time tho! Everything goes wrong...