2023/24 Sean Dyche

Luton need 14 points out of 33 available. 11 games left and have City, Spurs, and Arsenal away.

You'd hand Rob Edwards manager of the season if he did that.
But they`ve also got Bournemouth (A), Forest (H), Bournemouth (H), Brentford (H), Wolves (A), Everton (H), West Ham (A), and last day Fulham (H).

I think it is going to be unbelievably tight....

But if we go on the same run as we`ve just been on they only need 7 points from them because we only get 5 more and another deduction.

100% agree, the club has certainly managed the erosion of our standards and I think that was done purposefully by BK because he could never live up to those standards.

The biggest concern, and probably the most saddest, is our own fans slipping of standards. Even before the points deductions and ownership issues it was "who is coming to Everton", yet we got Ancelotti. OK the lure of Madrid was too much but he is on record saying he would have stayed if Madrid didn`t come in.

I`ve always been consistent that as a club we should go for the best manager available, that is how you build a winning club with a winning mentality and not with managers that do no know or understand what a winning culture looks like. Alot will come at he saying "Who we gonna get" but without knowing the criteria Thelwell has set in his club model it is hard to know.

I was never on board with Dyche in the 1st place, start with the very best available and sound them out until you get one that does have an interest in the project. But the club needs to ask the question and not dismiss them because they don`t think they will come, that is a loser mentality. Glasner was a brilliant appointment by Crystal Palace, no way this club would have ever asked an out of work coach like that!

For a large amount of our fanbase 3 wins at home all season is good enough, 5 points from 11 is good enough. Good enough to the extent they are even defending all these as "not his fault", it was the same with a certain ex-chairman who was clapped on the big screen at GP. It is these fans with no standards and no ambition for this club is the reason we got Dyche and we got the the club we have.

oh my days. Have a good day!

tenor.gif

Situational training sessions, brining in a striking coach. Its ok when we see these training videos and there dancing past cones and striking it into an empty net.

We simply do not have a form of attacking play, we don’t maintain a constant flow of pressure, the attackers spend the majority of their time outside the box.

Simply being pigheaded and saying my formation and style of play will come good because I’m the manager is absolutely pathetic.

I mentioned O’Neil at Wolves yesterday, they had a worse scoring record than us last season. He came, played a 4-2-3-1, it wasn’t working, he went away and found a solution.

Emery, a completely different level obviously, walks into Villa with a set of players that were struggling to win and score. Uses his very good ability as a coach, and within 3 months they went from relegation candidates to qualifying for Europe.

Good coaches find solutions
☝️

The bit I have highlighted, can you explain that bit please? Who’s claimed he had us “galloping”?

I just wrote that he kept us up, I’m dealing in facts here not my interpretation of it.
He was treated like he performed miracles last year, when in essence we limped over the line.

But back to my point, if you’re saying winning 7 of 29 at goodison is not a failure then sound.

You can still be ambitious whilst being realistic...

Our ambition as a club should be to stay in the league and find stability. That's where we are at the moment. But that's just me.

Everything else to me is irrelevant because wanting the club to compete at the moment is like asking an amateur featherweight to go fight Anthony Joshua.

Not really based on any fact.
The reality is because the owner and previous board chased star dust managers with promise of untold riches to match their ambition which you and others advocating to do again is why we are not sat in 14th right now, possibly higher without all the nonsense that is around Everton these days.
And neither is saying a new manager would relegate us

Our ambition as a club should be to stay in the league and find stability. That's where we are at the moment. But that's just me.

Everything else to me is irrelevant because wanting the club to compete at the moment is like asking an amateur featherweight to go fight Anthony Joshua.
Have we moved to another league or will we be competing with the exact same opposition...

When fans say our ambition "Should be to stay in the league and find stability" you know you are nothing more than Sean Dyche`s Burnley.

He was treated like he performed miracles last year, when in essence we limped over the line.

But back to my point, if you’re saying winning 7 of 29 at goodison is not a failure then sound.
Was he? Do you always get this carried away and lunge into sensationalism?

I personally cannot recall anybody claiming he had performed miracles? If anything it was more of a sense of relief from most people.

Here you go again with the second line of your response! Where have I said winning 7 out of 29 is sound? All I claimed was that he had made the side a bit more solid structurally and a bit less weaker minded.

You should write for the Daily Mail, you seem to have a skill at trying to twist somebody’s response to you into something completely different.

Has his work cut out now.
This team look like a zombie team , moving about but no actual life or soul in them.
He is losing the crowd with the brand of football , we could take it if it had decent results but it plainly dosnt.
The fans are getting worn down by it all, off the field and on ot there isn't a break or a Ray of sunshine to look forward to not all his fault the Premier league have handled thing dreadfully, and are miss management of the pitch is coming home to roost after a lot of are fans have been warning it was on the way for years.
He has been handed a bad deck of cards no getting away from it .
But what he is putting out on the pitch isn't good by anyone's standards.
The second pionts deduction will relegate us on current form.
He is responsible for getting us out of it, the players don't currently seem to be responding to him which is my main worry.

Was he? Do you always get this carried away and lunge into sensationalism?

I personally cannot recall anybody claiming he had performed miracles? If anything it was more of a sense of relief from most people.

Here you go again with the second line of your response! Where have I said winning 7 out of 29 is sound? All I claimed was that he had made the side a bit more solid structurally and a bit less weaker minded.

You should write for the Daily Mail, you seem to have a skill at trying to twist somebody’s response to you into something completely different.
IMG_2986.jpeg

IMG_2985.jpeg

Well maybe my standards are slightly higher, hence me saying the experience has failed

Better managers get more out of this squad I am certain of it. He doesn’t know how to improve players or coach attacking football because his only big job before us had a remit of “stay up at all costs”.

I dunno. Its a hard call. Without the points taken away he's basically done that stay up at all costs. I'm of the view thats what his job was. Its a terrible one but we've just had two seasons where the trap door was opening up.
Dyche is as meat and gravy as you can get. I was willing to chew on the gristle for a season after benitez and lampard. Its not like every game we havent had chances to win and just fail miserably to finish.
The debate now is wether thats all on him or the players. I think its a bit of both.

Has his work cut out now.
This team look like a zombie team , moving about but no actual life or soul in them.
He is losing the crowd with the brand of football , we could take it if it had decent results but it plainly dosnt.
The fans are getting worn down by it all, off the field and on ot there isn't a break or a Ray of sunshine to look forward to not all his fault the Premier league have handled thing dreadfully, and are miss management of the pitch is coming home to roost after a lot of are fans have been warning it was on the way for years.
He has been handed a bad deck of cards no getting away from it .
But tmwhat he is putting out on the pitch isn't good by anyone's standards.
The second pionts deduction will relegate us on current form.
He is responsible for getting us put of it, the players don't currently seem to be responding to him which is my main worry.

Yep, you can sense it amongst Evertonians. It's completely drab, lifeless football.

He's had multiple chances to proper galvanise the fanbase in an "us against the world" and really be aggressive against the sanctions, referring decisions etc but he's just full of soundbites which might wash with a smaller club but he just comes across as a bit of a tit here.

The fact he actually moaned about the players after West Ham...to then play the same players once again tells you all you need to know about his limitations. 3 months without a win but I bet you 99% of us can name his starting line up for Bournemouth away.

I dunno. Its a hard call. Without the points taken away he's basically done that stay up at all costs. I'm of the view thats what his job was. Its a terrible one but we've just had two seasons where the trap door was opening up.
Dyche is as meat and gravy as you can get. I was willing to chew on the gristle for a season after benitez and lampard. Its not like every game we havent had chances to win and just fail miserably to finish.
The debate now is wether thats all on him or the players. I think its a bit of both.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with the bold.