2023/24 Sean Dyche

Clearly we are if you think that this summer's pathetic "investment" in loans, free transfers, and players who cost nothing until next year is anything more than the minimum. There is no plan except to cross fingers and toes and hope Dyche gets lucky with injuries. I would take 17th right now if it was on offer, because it's touch and go with this "squad" if we can stay up this term once the inevitable injuries hit.
I think we did what we could with the money we have access to. With the stadium financing being as shaky as it is, I’m not surprised transfer funds are limited.

…I’m just about still with him.
I don’t think he gets a lot of time though unfortunately, the club let him down in bringing in a striker, and have weakened the midfield, so I would imagine he now needs to make the most of having some striking options fairly quickly. Losing to Fulham and Wolves at home regardless of performance has not helped him at all.

I think we did what we could with the money we have access to. With the stadium financing being as shaky as it is, I’m not surprised transfer funds are limited.
You make it sound like the club had nothing to do with the "shaky stadium financing" and the "limited" transfer funds. It's purely because of them that this is the situation, ergo their plan is to cross their fingers and hope we survive until we can be sold with a new stadium.

Of course. I wouldn't disagree, but ultimately a lot of the playing staff, the subs bench especially, just aren't very good. You can have all the tactical asumen there is but without quality players we'll always be quite poor.
Absolutely. But maybe not quite as poor as we’ve been this last few games 😉

I remember Dyche saying on Talk Sport after being sacked by Burnley that he had turned down Championship management opportunities. He alluded to his belief he deserved another chance in the Premier League after working on a shoestring at Burnley.

It's crazy he has found himself at a team that makes Burnley look like big spenders compared to us.

You make it sound like the club had nothing to do with the "shaky stadium financing" and the "limited" transfer funds. It's purely because of them that this is the situation, ergo their plan is to cross their fingers and hope we survive until we can be sold with a new stadium.
No, I absolve them of no responsibility.

He's had a lot of bad luck so far this season.

Fulham game - Keane gol incorrectly chalked off.

Today - nailed on pen not given and a freak incident for their 2nd.

The side lack any real creative outlet I cant see anyone doing any better that we can attract at present time. Potterball held Brighton back and looked awful at Chelsea - a footballing myth/hype job that fella is (imo).

We'll stay up this season as the 3 promoted sides are absolute pony then come the summer a decision can be made on his future then. He gets the season for me.

I actually feel sorry for Dyche.
Clearly there is no cash to spend.
Loans and buy now pay later deals.
We could have done with another centre back and a combatative midfielder .
We have strengthened the main area of weakness, with Beto, Danjuma and Harrison.
But this squad is highly limited and is bottom half quality at best.
Blame the board not Dyche .
Gbamin signed for £25 million and contracted terminated after a handful of games is testimony to the position we are in

There's no doubt he been dealt a very difficult hand but he really does need to get a win soon.

Something I've thought since he came in is that we've got a different Sean Dyche to the one that managed Burnley. He'd established himself there, grown in self confidence and felt appreciated, rated. But then he got sacked and everyone said he was a dinosaur. I think we're seeing a version of Dyche who has been wounded and feels like he has something to prove. That's often a good thing for a player but less so I think for a manager. I think for example, he's felt the need to be more attacking than he was at Burnley to prove he's not a dinosaur, but I do think he's a little bit lost. I always think of Moyes in his dark years versus now, where he's basically reprised his philosophy from his final 3 years at Everton like a comfortable cardigan and is all the better for it.

A lot of unnecessary criticism of Dyche in here.

A manager’s job is to set his team up to create more clear cut chances than the opposition, thus giving the team a better chance of winning the game.

He has done that in 3 of the 4 league games so far.

Had the board sanctioned Beto before the opening game, I’m convinced we’d have won both home games, and probably beaten Sheff Utd too as he’d have had more time to integrate.

Dyche is doing a very good job in difficult circumstances and we should be backing him, not slating him. Besides, who would even take the job, let alone do better with this squad?

Back the manager. We’ll be fine this season.

A lot of unnecessary criticism of Dyche in here.

A manager’s job is to set his team up to create more clear cut chances than the opposition, thus giving the team a better chance of winning the game.

He has done that in 3 of the 4 league games so far.

Had the board sanctioned Beto before the opening game, I’m convinced we’d have won both home games, and probably beaten Sheff Utd too as he’d have had more time to integrate.

Dyche is doing a very good job in difficult circumstances and we should be backing him, not slating him. Besides, who would even take the job, let alone do better with this squad?

Back the manager. We’ll be fine this season.

How is he doing a very good job? By what metric?