2023/24 Sean Dyche

He is trying to do what a lot of managers in recent years have tried and failed to do and that is win games with the squad he has been given while having to rely on an injury prone striker to play enough games to keep us up. The manager isnt the main issue It’s the squad in general especially not having any back up for dcl or options up front Maupay wasn’t,isn’t and never will be the answer. The Rondon offered more
Fair enough. Not looking for an argument

I just don’t think Lampard is a good coach. We have players that have played for Man Utd, Arsenal, PSG, the Belgian national team.. - you can’t tell me they can’t pass the ball yet the Brighton players that Potter took over could.
Mate, Utd players were the same under various managers, Chelsea last year - buying international’s doesn’t mean anything when you jump from play style to play style over a short period of time.

It just becomes a mess. Brighton, like Brentford, have an entire infrastructure - kind of like what Moyes had at us, a certain type of player to play a certain way that had attributes.

Thing is, Brightons recruitment team has been boss for years, they buy players with a certain skill set to play a certain way, we’ve just bought an expensive mishmash of players who don’t necessarily complement each other or aren’t very good at the technical part of the game.

Ancelotti realised the majority of this lot couldn’t play football at the required level and resorted to Pulis tactics before long.

Indeed but the team Potter inherited from Hughton’s dour spell immediately started to dominate the ball - 58% possession in his first home game, with Dale Stephens in midfield, and the likes of Glenn Murray and Shane Duffy.

The point is you only progress these days with a progressive coach.

Every time we sack a manager we become a less attractive destination as well. It’s one thing to be a top club and sack managers for fun but when your club sucks arse and you have to deal with all the toxicity and constant insecurity about your position I think managers would think twice about coming here. For better or worse I think we win those two games if McNeil is healthy or we made actual signings. If Dyche still sucks once we bring in Beto, well there is your answer.

We can’t afford to sack him, nobody and I mean nobody else at this point in time would get anything more from this squad. Well maybe Allardyce but he’s one of the reasons we are in this trouble anyway.

If the club can afford 30m to sign Beto (or however the deal is structured) I'm sure it can afford a couple of million to sack Dyche.

I'm sure the same arguments were being made 12 months back about Lampard and then 12 months before about FSW.

Ultimately if the club keep losing then there always is a way found to sack a manager as that's always the easiest thing to change and pretty much guarantees a short term bounce to results.

I can't remember what deal he signed but given mid season I guess it was maybe two and a half years? So less than two years now shouldn't be a fortune. Pochettino only got a two year deal at Chelsea.

He'll be under monumental pressure losing away to Sheffield United so that will be a very backs to the wall job and he needs to dig out a point from that, ideally a win.

Every time we sack a manager we become a less attractive destination as well. It’s one thing to be a top club and sack managers for fun but when your club sucks arse and you have to deal with all the toxicity and constant insecurity about your position I think managers would think twice about coming here. For better or worse I think we win those two games if McNeil is healthy or we made actual signings. If Dyche still sucks once we bring in Beto, well there is your answer.
End up like Watford doing that. I think we're a different proposition with Harrison, McNeil and Beto but we've thrown away an important 4-6 points over the last three games. Let's hope Beto and maybe another solid loan signing has us picking up some much needed points

I just don’t think Lampard is a good coach. We have players that have played for Man Utd, Arsenal, PSG, the Belgian national team.. - you can’t tell me they can’t pass the ball yet the Brighton players that Potter took over could.

Just watch the training video before this match it's no wonder they couldn't break them down, there is a complete lack of effort and intensity in the drills.

The first can hear Mark Howard who is apparently 'Head of First Team Performance' (does that mean he's a coach or not?) telling players to "get your quick feet in" through the cones. Just watch how many actually do it, never mind do it with any sort of speed.

The second passing drill is just pathetic, 2 and 1 touch passing with absolutely zero pass on the ball.

The third and fourth passing drills are the same, just slow ambling speed.

The rondo has to be one of the saddest things I've ever seen and there is Woan standing there telling them how good.

Indeed but the team Potter inherited from Hughton’s dour spell immediately started to dominate the ball - 58% possession in his first home game, with Dale Stephens in midfield, and the likes of Glenn Murray and Shane Duffy.

Potter would be a great pick up.

However haven't seen his name linked to anyone so get the feeling after his Chelsea experience he'll sit out and return somewhere in 2024.

Why turn up here when perhaps the Fulham job might be available in a few months? Or even West Ham? Those would suit him more than uprooting to the North West you'd suspect.

If Dyche gets sacked I have a feeling the board will go for someone like Jesse Marsch......

If the club can afford 30m to sign Beto (or however the deal is structured) I'm sure it can afford a couple of million to sack Dyche.

I'm sure the same arguments were being made 12 months back about Lampard and then 12 months before about FSW.

Ultimately if the club keep losing then there always is a way found to sack a manager as that's always the easiest thing to change and pretty much guarantees a short term bounce to results.

I can't remember what deal he signed but given mid season I guess it was maybe two and a half years? So less than two years now shouldn't be a fortune. Pochettino only got a two year deal at Chelsea.

He'll be under monumental pressure losing away to Sheffield United so that will be a very backs to the wall job and he needs to dig out a point from that, ideally a win.
I have more faith in dyche than lampard because he's achieved more. However today was the first time I've personally started to question him.

I was happy when he was appointed . Thought we'd go back to basics a bit like when Moyes came in. Not feeling it now. Don't really see what he's trying to do.
I have been a supporter since the late 70's. The squad we currently have are all journey men. Couldn't tell you who my favourite player is. It used to be Southall, Atteveld, Cahill, Ferguson. Were in a massive mess. Can't see a way out. Sad times

Just watch the training video before this match it's no wonder they couldn't break them down, there is a complete lack of effort and intensity in the drills.

The first can hear Mark Howard who is apparently 'Head of First Team Performance' (does that mean he's a coach or not?) telling players to "get your quick feet in" through the cones. Just watch how many actually do it, never mind do it with any sort of speed.

The second passing drill is just pathetic, 2 and 1 touch passing with absolutely zero pass on the ball.

The third and fourth passing drills are the same, just slow ambling speed.

The rondo has to be one of the saddest things I've ever seen and there is Woan standing there telling them how good.

Like 11 lads turning up at the park

Oh I’m not saying we shouldn’t try to move on. I was against Dyche initially for this, felt like the move would send us backwards.

But I’m just not sure some of these players are up to playing football.
Doucoure for example will run all day and pop up witv goals, but he needs about 3 seconds to control a moving football

Onana is the opposite, looks tidy enough, but doesn’t put his stamp on the game nearly enough.
If he tried to get himself involved half as much as the hapless Douc, he’d probably be worth the insane fees some of our fans think he is.

I’m not even sure what my point was any more mate, I’m just venting now.

Stop being crap please Everton.