2023/24 Sean Dyche

People have had unrealistic expectations of him imo. Our club was on the bones of its arse when he arrived. He saved us from almost certain relegation in 22-23. If we'd not had eight points unjustly stolen then we'd currently be sitting in 14th place, a whole sixteen points away from the drop zone and just four a possible top ten finish. Obviously that's not where we'd like to be, but you'd have to be absolutely insane (or have a very clear agenda against the man) to not see how vast an improvement that is. I'm not saying that he's above criticism or anything, but ffs, some of you seriously need to try to be more realistic....

Because we were very very desperate. Yes he’s definitely staying at Burnley if bigger clubs had come in for him 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Desperate? You think? We had a shortlist, and spoke to other candidates I believe. Given the last two year's final day survival and this year's relatively comfortable survival, even with points deductions, maybe, just maybe, it's now fair to say we actually, for once, got it right and chose the right man for the job needed.

You have no clue whatsoever who else spoke to Dyche before his accepting the Everton post, nor any idea why he may have rejected any other offers, no clue at all.

Great use of multiple smileys though, that exudes confidence. I can feel your anger as you battered them bad boys down, one after another. "FIVE SMILEYS, THAT'LL SHOW HIM". Beautiful.

Desperate? You think? We had a shortlist, and spoke to other candidates I believe. Given the last two year's final day survival and this year's relatively comfortable survival, even with points deductions, maybe, just maybe, it's now fair to say we actually, for once, got it right and chose the right man for the job needed.

You have no clue whatsoever who else spoke to Dyche before his accepting the Everton post, nor any idea why he may have rejected any other offers, no clue at all.

Great use of multiple smileys though, that exudes confidence. I can feel your anger as you battered them bad boys down, one after another. "FIVE SMILEYS, THAT'LL SHOW HIM". Beautiful.
I get what you're saying but your own argument works against you for "you don't know who he spoke to". We have the evidence he stayed jobless for about a year while teams were looking for and switching managers and yet he's joined us when we were desperate and threw money at him (he's not working for pennies here, he's currently top 10 for wages in the Prem or something). We were also not really linked with anyone else other than Dyche at the time, were we?

I get what you're saying but your own argument works against you for "you don't know who he spoke to". We have the evidence he stayed jobless for about a year while teams were looking for and switching managers and yet he's joined us when we were desperate and threw money at him (he's not working for pennies here, he's currently top 10 for wages in the Prem or something). We were also not really linked with anyone else other than Dyche at the time, were we?
Didn't we talk with Bielsa and A.N.Other foreign lid?

Regardless, prior to Everton getting him, he may have had other offers but we don't know unless he categorically states that he didn't. He may not have taken those offers based on money, geographical location, professional reasons or whatever. However a (relatively) big fish did eventually come knocking, and that was us. Maybe that was the best post he could realistically expect, I'd say it probably was. Fellas here seem to forget that we are a big club, we're still a big attraction for anyone bar those managers sniffing around the top 6.

Im VERY fickle, that wonderful game the other night clearly gives me pause.

Ive been up and down this season, but I did say I would make a final decision at the end of the season.

So far, I just dunno, Luton lives rent-free in my head, but we vanquished the devils own.

Lets see what the rest of the season brings, but that Big Red result will be hard to remove from my head for a long, long, long time.

So I dunno.

He has a better squad that what Lampard had last year.
And no disrespect to Burnley, but this is Everton we’re talking about. He was at Burnley 10yrs than sat twiddling his thumbs for 12 months after getting sacked. Why did no bigger clubs look to take him from Burnley ??

Here’s the delta between the two squads from last year to this year. The player in brackets is the closest replacement we brought in over the summer to this year’s squad.

Begovic (Virginia)
Mina (no one - just recalled Branthwaite from loan)
Coady (no one)
Vinagre (Young)
Holgate (no one)
Davies (no one)
Iwobi (Harrison loan)
Gray (Danjuma loan)
Gordon (no one)
Maupay (Beto)
Simms (Chermiti)

Townsend doesn’t really count as he was crocked all last season anyway.

apart from Young playing more than Vinagre (but not being any better) and Beto being more useful than Maupay, I cannot see how this year’s squad is better either in numbers or quality.

Mina and Gordon are two big players we didn’t replace apart from recalling Branthwaite a player Lampard sent on loan.

This squad is not any better, it’s just Dyche is a much better manager than Lampard.

…the fact we’ve got the 4th best defensive record in the league totally blows any selection argument out of the water. I’d love Patterson to be the answer but the truth is he’s a liability when he plays. I can actually see a new RB coming in this summer which pretty much tells us the situation.
We probably will get a new RB and i guarantee if dyche has anything to do with it he will be a defender first RB

I’m laughing at you and your lack of knowledge or just believing what you want to. He was on the dole for 12 months before Everton came calling, yes he probably had offers from clubs like Birmingham or derby. He wouldn’t have turned a prem job down if he’s picking Everton in 19th place with no many to spend a day before the window closes. And his 10yrs at Burnley he probably did get offers but again I’d guess it was small clubs, he’s leaving Burnley to go to Newcastle and Villa when they were in the championship, so obviously top clubs didn’t come knocking

Just look at the clowns running our club and the managers they’ve targeted. January 22 it was big Dunc, Lampard and vitor pereira who agent was Kai joorabchain is mate moshiri. Pereira had lasted 6 months in his 2 previous European jobs in Turkey and Germany. Then January 23 it was dyche or Bielsa, With Bielsa moshiri number 1 target who turned us down. So dyche got it by default

Dyche has done well to get to 41 points but it’s no a miracle Job, this squad shouldn’t be relegated even with the 8 point deduction, he’s getting put on a pedestal because he’s better than the last manager , who was terrible. This year you’re likely staying up with 30 points maybe even under 30 which must be a record for the premier league, showing how bad the bottom 3 are. And in forest, Brentford, Palace, even fulahm and Bournemouth I’d expect this squad with a competent mananger to be in and around them clubs

Think Branthwaite has been a huge enabler myself.

Removing Michael Keane from being involved in any football at all has been a huge enabler of the rest of the defenders form.

His contribution to this season has been a handball in the Anfield derby which cost us a point even when we looked comfortable with ten men.

Its no surprise to me that as soon as we’ve dropped him Pickford Tarkowski Branthwaite Mykolenko have all had good seasons and the defensive record is up there in the league.

Here’s the delta between the two squads from last year to this year. The player in brackets is the closest replacement we brought in over the summer to this year’s squad.

Begovic (Virginia)
Coady (no one)
Vinagre (Young)
Holgate (no one)
Davies (no one)
Iwobi (Harrison loan)
Gray (Danjuma loan)
Gordon (no one)
Maupay (Beto)
Simms (Chermiti)

apart from Young playing more than Vinagre (but not being any better) and Beto being more useful than Maupay, I cannot see how this year’s squad is better either in numbers or quality.

Mina and Gordon are two big players we didn’t replace apart from recalling Branthwaite a player Lampard sent on loan.

This squad is not any better, it’s just Dyche is a much better manager than Lampard.
Tory1.jpg
Tory2.jpg

I think this seasons Derby team is better.

But thats not to take away from your point that Dyche is a better Manager than Lampard, is that in any doubt?

Regardless, prior to Everton getting him, he may have had other offers but we don't know unless he categorically states that he didn't. He may not have taken those offers based on money, geographical location, professional reasons or whatever. However a (relatively) big fish did eventually come knocking, and that was us. Maybe that was the best post he could realistically expect, I'd say it probably was. Fellas here seem to forget that we are a big club, we're still a big attraction for anyone bar those managers sniffing around the top 6.
I'll be honest, I forgot about Bielsa as he had that mental plan with the U21s lol

He may have had offers but there are doubts - many teams changed their managers since he was rightfully axed (and he will, again rightfully, never say if he had contact) but even if someone else came to him and he didn't get the job there would surely be a reason on both sides? Whereas we needed a new manager and went for the safe relegation battler and threw the most money he's ever getting in his career at him. No brainer to accept our offer really.

People forget we are a big team because we have been quite irrelevant for about 30something years so it'd be more appropriate to say we were big. I'm happy for some of you that have seen the glory days but for people like myself who are around 30 - closest to glory I've seen is the FA Cup final with the fastest goal (at the time) that we Moyes'd up as we started defending from that point onwards and inevitably lost.

Begovic (Virginia)
Coady (no one)
Vinagre (Young)
Holgate (no one)
Davies (no one)
Iwobi (Harrison loan)
Gray (Danjuma loan)
Gordon (no one)
Maupay (Beto)
Simms (Chermiti)

Lampard was manager for half the season, he lost 2 CB’s first game v Chelsea, maybe that’s the reason we got Coady. He lost doucoure 2nd game. So we had 2x 20yr olds inexperienced midfielders in garner and Onana. And gana. Plus tom Davies and iwobi. While he hasn’t played much Gomes has been part of the group this year and he’s a massive upgrade on Davies.

First 5 games last season our attacking options for 4 positions were. Iwobi, gray, Gordon, McNeil and Rondon. Simms was in loan
Tom Davies was getting minutes as was holgate at the back. As after the first game we had 4 CB’s Tarkowski, Keane, holgate and Coady.

After 5 games maupay turned up and DCL played 2 of Lampard a first 13 games, one being palace 3-0. I think Mina was back for his last game before getting sacked ??

There’s not a chance Lampard had a better squad than dyche has had this season

Honestly I think I'd have more respect for Dyche if he said he looked at us and saw the absolute basket case we are and decided to try his hand simply based on that. It would show a level of foresight not seen at Everton for quite a while.

If I thought I could go and get a job where no matter how well or poorly I did I'd get my entire contract paid out and be free to move onto anything else without any professional ramifications I'd be all over it.

He has a better squad that what Lampard had last year.
And no disrespect to Burnley, but this is Everton we’re talking about. He was at Burnley 10yrs than sat twiddling his thumbs for 12 months after getting sacked. Why did no bigger clubs look to take him from Burnley ??
I’m laughing at you and your lack of knowledge or just believing what you want to. He was on the dole for 12 months before Everton came calling, yes he probably had offers from clubs like Birmingham or derby. He wouldn’t have turned a prem job down if he’s picking Everton in 19th place with no many to spend a day before the window closes. And his 10yrs at Burnley he probably did get offers but again I’d guess it was small clubs, he’s leaving Burnley to go to Newcastle and Villa when they were in the championship, so obviously top clubs didn’t come knocking

Just look at the clowns running our club and the managers they’ve targeted. January 22 it was big Dunc, Lampard and vitor pereira who agent was Kai joorabchain is mate moshiri. Pereira had lasted 6 months in his 2 previous European jobs in Turkey and Germany. Then January 23 it was dyche or Bielsa, With Bielsa moshiri number 1 target who turned us down. So dyche got it by default

Dyche has done well to get to 41 points but it’s no a miracle Job, this squad shouldn’t be relegated even with the 8 point deduction, he’s getting put on a pedestal because he’s better than the last manager , who was terrible. This year you’re likely staying up with 30 points maybe even under 30 which must be a record for the premier league, showing how bad the bottom 3 are. And in forest, Brentford, Palace, even fulahm and Bournemouth I’d expect this squad with a competent mananger to be in and around them clubs
That's my point. You are guessing. You don't know, you're just making things up. Just my opinion like, but Birmingham and Derby are both bigger clubs than Burnley as well. So, before you laugh at 'lack of knowledge' it's always best to make sure your own arguments are pretty water tight and that you haven't contradicted yourself. Making stuff up and guessing is not knowledge, mate.