2023/24 Seamus Coleman

On that basis we should have sold pickford to united/spurs over the last few years and branthwaite should be sold this summer?

We have invested in Patterson but dyche won't pick him for some reason.

Your theory would be great if we could reinvest smartly but we change the manager too frequently.

Dyche doesn't strike me a development manager

Not quite, note that i wrote to sell "at peak". So it would indeed mean Pickford in the last 2 summers (or this) would be at peak.

If we'd have sold Pickford for e.g £40mil and signed Verbruggen for £16mil (as Brighton have done) we'd have had £24mil there which could have signed a starter. For arguments sake lets say Adam Wharton instead of Palace and perhaps for a lower fee.

We'd then have two more high value assets rather than a keeper who is, or should be at peak value.

Also our FFP would be fine.

No he’s not Deli alli, tosun, Beto and even your man Onana are a prime example of what not to buy players who don’t give a 💩 about the club and have bled us dry with little to no return on what we’ve paid or performances. We should of replaced Coleman years ago we kind of did with Patterson and that hasn’t worked out we’re skint and can’t do anything else other than use the crap we have not really Coleman’s fault or even Dyche’s that’s on the board and useless directors of football we’ve had.

Not really following what this rant is about...

Not quite, note that i wrote to sell "at peak". So it would indeed mean Pickford in the last 2 summers (or this) would be at peak.

If we'd have sold Pickford for e.g £40mil and signed Verbruggen for £16mil (as Brighton have done) we'd have had £24mil there which could have signed a starter. For arguments sake lets say Adam Wharton instead of Palace and perhaps for a lower fee.

We'd then have two more high value assets rather than a keeper who is, or should be at peak value.

Also our FFP would be fine

I get your point but would you trust any of these clowns with money - we'd end up with magic beans.

Anytime we buy youth Godfrey/ Patterson/onana they lose value cause we can't ttrain / develop players to really kick on.

Buy high sell low - everton mantra.

I get your point but would you trust any of these clowns with money - we'd end up with magic beans.

Anytime we buy youth Godfrey/ Patterson/onana they lose value cause we can't ttrain / develop players to really kick on.

Buy high sell low - everton mantra.

I think many of the fans have the mentality that we cant sell our 'best' players because in some cases they are considered 'heroes or good servants'.

But if we had sold Pickford as an (example) last summer and now had Verbruggen and Wharton I would be far more confident about the future.

With Coleman, if we had sold him when he was 28 ish at peak value we could have replaced him with a lot more conviction than where we are now.

Its just sensible business. I find it mind blowing that since Moshiri took over weve only seemingly had a scattergun approach.

Doesnt seem to matter who the manager or DOF is...

I wonder when his latest extended contract will be announced. Surely he knows he's at the end now. Unfortunately he's massively tainted memories of him at Everton due to staying about five years too long. You've got the likes of Osman, Baines, Pienaar all years deep in retirement, yet Seamus still can't bring himself to do the right thing and not accept a further contract. I'm sure your family is secure for about five generations.

I wonder when his latest extended contract will be announced. Surely he knows he's at the end now. Unfortunately he's massively tainted memories of him at Everton due to staying about five years too long. You've got the likes of Osman, Baines, Pienaar all years deep in retirement, yet Seamus still can't bring himself to do the right thing and not accept a further contract. I'm sure your family is secure for about five generations.
You can't think he is doing it for the money?

Don’t blame him taking the money if we’re stupid enough to keep giving it to him.

I’m hoping the demise of Chairman Bill has put an end to the sentimentality that’s held us back for 30 years, Coleman still being here is the prime example.

Of course hes doing it for the money.

If not hed have moved clubs a few years ago for regular games at a more comfortable level for his body.
But anytime he is fit he is our starting right back so surely he is playing as much as he can?

Do you think if he was at Wigan he'd play 40 games a season?

I think we all know he shouldn't have to be first choice right back - but Godfrey and Patterson are very poor positionally.

If coleman retires this season how do you see the right back position being filled.

But anytime he is fit he is our starting right back so surely he is playing as much as he can?

I think we all know he shouldn't have to be first choice right back - but Godfrey and Patterson are very poor positionally.

If coleman retires this season how do you see the right back position being filled.
Sell England's number one and Onana, ought to bring in about £70m. Obviously won't be able to reinvest all of it, but £45m would get three very decent players if the Director of Football had a clue about what he was doing.

Virginia looks absolutely fine for a bottom-end Premier League side, so no direct replacement for Pickford needed.

Right back from the Championship or abroad, £10-15m.

Creative central midfield, same as above, £20m.

Winger, £15m.

Then Branthwaite will go probably £60-70m, of which we reinvest £50m of it:

£10m on Beto's first repayment
£5m on the 'next' Branthwaite
£15m on a starting CB
£15-20m on a starting striker

Use the loan market for another couple of squad players, backup keeper, winger, left back.

That ought to see us significantly stronger and with a greatly reduced wage bill as we're losing quite a lot of extremely high earners and replacing them with non-established players on about half.

It all depends on what sales look like and who the DOF is when the window is open.

Sell England's number one and Onana, ought to bring in about £70m. Obviously won't be able to reinvest all of it, but £45m would get three very decent players if the Director of Football had a clue about what he was doing.

Virginia looks absolutely fine for a bottom-end Premier League side, so no direct replacement for Pickford needed.

Winger, £15m.

£15m on a starting CB

Use the loan market for another couple of squad players, backup keeper, winger, left back.

That ought to see us significantly stronger and with a greatly reduced wage bill as we're losing quite a lot of extremely high earners and replacing them with non-established players on about half.

Pickford + Onana = £70mil

Speechless.

Winger, £15m.

£15m on a starting CB

I'm afraid that's fanciful - bordering on delusional..

In the real world we ll probably end up extending Ali s contract..