2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was offered 30 or 40k per week knowing that my legs have gone and having played almost non-competitive football in china for 2 years, I would sign up in a heartbeat, so no blame attached to Rondon here.
But watching him with his socks rolled down for most of the second half and extra time, losing every ball in the air and losing possession every time the ball was played to him, and reacting so slowly when the ball was squared to him on the 6 yard line, and being too tired to close down the hull defenders, you wonder how on earth he stayed on the pitch for most of the 120 minutes.
He will not get any better, but Benitez will still make him our 1st choice forward with DCL and Richi unavailable, despite all evidence showing that it is a waste of time.
Dobbin or Simms should be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Anybody got a YouTube compilation of his best bits in a blue shirt?
1641686730682.jpeg

He would do better than Rondon. At least he offers pace and is a willing runner.
Not for me mate. May as well say that Townsend would be a better option up front, or Gordon.

I'm all for giving Simms a go up there, but not Dobbin. Dobbin should be given minutes in the wide areas or else off a main striker.

Not for me mate. May as well say that Townsend would be a better option up front, or Gordon.

I'm all for giving Simms a go up there, but not Dobbin. Dobbin should be given minutes in the wide areas or else off a main striker.
I appreciate he isn’t a central striker. But he offers more than Rondon as at least he has pace and is a willing runner. Let’s face it what we’ve seen so far benetiz isn’t adverse to playing players out of position.

Status
Not open for further replies.