Royston Drenthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just shows what utter tits they are.

Has someone sent that "MrKillerhughesy's" details to Merseyside police. No doubt they'll want to talk to him to help them with their inquires.

Jealousy is a terrible terrible thing.

Just shows what utter tits they are.

Has someone sent that "MrKillerhughesy's" details to Merseyside police. No doubt they'll want to talk to him to help them with their inquires.

Jealousy is a terrible terrible thing.

One would imagine that it will have already been reported (the criminal damage that is, not the youtube footage) - though as its only had 76 views perhaps it hasnt been yet.

definition of a mercurial player. Darkness and light, which one will you get. He played very much in the sunshine vs Blackpool.

Showed the promise that made Real take a gamble on him. Enough potential to try and secure a deal provided he wants to stay, the wages are decent and he doesn't go to the first club that outbids us (because one or two are bound to). — in other words, enjoy him while he's here.

He looked decent against a championship side with a notoriously poor defence but his decision making and the fact he loses the ball far too often would make him too suspect against top sides. I would have him, but only for a squad player for certain games unless he changed certain parts of his game and I think the money he would want is far too much for a squad player.

Its a no from me.

He looked decent against a championship side with a notoriously poor defence but his decision making and the fact he loses the ball far too often would make him too suspect against top sides. I would have him, but only for a squad player for certain games unless he changed certain parts of his game and I think the money he would want is far too much for a squad player.

Its a no from me.

He's like Saha, in the sense that he holds onto the ball for far too long, and he has to do or attempt at least one skill move, or one turn, before he passes the ball. That results in him losing the ball 50% or less of the time.

He's a player that can be really good and really bad in the same game. Very inconsistent. He's a decent impact player nonetheless.

He's like Saha, in the sense that he holds onto the ball for far too long, and he has to do or attempt at least one skill move, or one turn, before he passes the ball. That results in him losing the ball 50% or less of the time.

He's a player that can be really good and really bad in the same game. Very inconsistent. He's a decent impact player nonetheless.

And what sort of money is he going to be after? I know he's on a free but if he's after £50k a week (or probably more) its too much for what will just literally be an impact sub.

I would like to see him get a few more games as I did think he seemed slightly more aware of his fullback on Sat to see if he is learning

I really would love to see some stats showing how many times he gives it away unforced and how many times he loses it trying to take someone on.

And then compare those stas to other players.

Mainly Neville, Jags and Hibbert for the former and players like Osman, Cahill and Coleman for the later.

To be fair, I would prefer our Roy over Osman and Coleman

He is a lot more agile and pacey than either of those two, and he has more experience than Coleman. I think alls double-R needs is a bit more game time in the prem, and more time with Everton, and he'll realise what's expected of him... you'd hope.

I guess we'll see in the Summer, when players start coming and going. I hope the players coming in part of what I said is going to be happening...

If however he doesnt lose the ball trying he creates scoring chances. He's relatively young and needs regular football, coaching and support. He's boss now but it's not like he's anywhere near his potential. We'd be pretty mad not to sign him.

Actually, thinking about it, you would presume that bar some horrendous knee exploding disaster, he would have a sell on value, especially to the big dutch clubs of at least £2m so we wouldnt lose that much on him.

And for that reason, I'm back in.

I think we desperately need more strength in depth as well, so it wouldn't be a bad shout at all to grab him if he's going for an affordable price with reasonable wage demands.

As some people have said, unless we can't agree wages with him it'd be a big mistake not to sign him.

You can teach teamwork, discipline, defensive positioning etc but you can't teach natural ability and Drenthe has more than any player in our team.

Don't worry lads, i'm sure 3 times LMA manager of the year and better manager than Ferguson and Mourinho will make the right decision for Everton here.

As some people have said, unless we can't agree wages with him it'd be a big mistake not to sign him.

You can teach teamwork, discipline, defensive positioning etc but you can't teach natural ability and Drenthe has more than any player in our team.

This. He's bloody talented. His decision making needs a lot of work but he can destroy teams single-handedly at times

Status
Not open for further replies.